weld spiders

crazyyo

my rig is totally for off road ...... and will soon be going through the hassle of ohv registration...... that being said

i have a 12 bolt in the rear welded
and my ten bolt is open also i have one hub that for more or less is a drive flange(thanks to hang a tree) i was just going to do the lock right but well cash is little to none and trying to make ejs .... input would be great

BCGPER

Starting Another Thread
Are you asking if you should weld the front? Not a great idea, and to un-do it will cost you even more when you decide to do it right. What trails are you planning on doing? That welded rear will get you through 90% of Moab.

Meat_

Banned
Are you asking if you should weld the front? Not a great idea, and to un-do it will cost you even more when you decide to do it right. What trails are you planning on doing? That welded rear will get you through 90% of Moab.

It's a 10bolt ;) People pay you to take those away. :D

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
I didn't care about the gears in my 60 and 70 so I welded them up. if it breaks then I will upgrade and regear.

red

problem with welding the spiders in a 10 bolt is the carrier doesnt like the heat and will become your weak link, or so i've been told.

crazyyo

i have enough welding rod ... i just have a list of stuff i need to get through before the front end ... but if i get to it i will prob weld it up thats a big if so time to get back to work thanks for the input guys shane

Chevycrew

If you weld it, make sure you carry extra axle shafts...I would take at least 2 full sets, along with a few spare hubs

bigchev79

"how to do it right" thats funny!!! no matter what you do it will be hill billy even my spool idea. if you want it done right step up to a respectable locker if not a little more manly axel.

cannoncrawler

TWERNT THE MORMONS!!!!!!
i am sure spools are fine, but welding is strong as well. I know we all have stories to prove our point, but my welded rear end held on my 60 when I broke a shaft. I was really on the gas in the rocks when the new tires got traction. pop went the axle, but the spiders held.

I have ran three rear axles welded with our any problem.

In fact now I have an E locker in the rear, and I don't like it, because I forget to engage it when I hit the trail. then I will get bound up and stuck, and realize I need to flip that damn little switch. weird!

crazyyo

wellas of right now i dont know that i will have time my buddy did his side gears in two spots on each gear and liked it cuz it had a little play in it anyone done this

AINT SKEERED

Balls to the Walls
wellas of right now i dont know that i will have time my buddy did his side gears in two spots on each gear and liked it cuz it had a little play in it anyone done this

Weld the whole thing. You WILL break the side gears loose and have pieces floating around causing havoc.