Welder Cart

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
So I'm going to make a cart for my Welder and Plasma Cutter on Friday. I was just wondering for you guys that have made your own, what do you like about your cart and what would you have added.
This cart will be bi-level with the welder on top and the plasma under. It will carry a bottle, and? The wheels have to be big enough to go over cords and stuff that is laying on the ground. Both top and lower decks will be slanted so that seeing the units will be easier. I think I will set the upper deck back a little making it even easier to access the plasma.

What else?

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
I've got a 'welder cart' that I converted from a parts stand that I bought at Checker. I've quite liked having a 'tool surface' on top of the welder (holds gloves, eye protection, welding hood, etc.) to put my 'junk' on. I'm going to tack some hangers on the outside edge to manage cords and things. I don't have pics.....

here's a link.....

http://www.partsamerica.com/PartDet...e=QQQ&MfrPartNumber=T35304&CategoryCode=3483D

The casters are kind of 'gay', but I haven't had any trouble with them so far. I need to cut a place to put a bottle, but that might just give you some ideas.....?

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
mbryson said:
I've got a 'welder cart' that I converted from a parts stand that I bought at Checker. I've quite liked having a 'tool surface' on top of the welder (holds gloves, eye protection, welding hood, etc.) to put my 'junk' on. I'm going to tack some hangers on the outside edge to manage cords and things. I don't have pics.....
Plus it would provide some protection to the welder.

hummm... ;)

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
If you put a shelf on top make sure it is high enough that you can get the welder door open.

Make sure all four wheels are the rotating ones, it'll make maneuvering around the shop way easier.

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
RockMonkey said:
If you put a shelf on top make sure it is high enough that you can get the welder door open.

Make sure all four wheels are the rotating ones, it'll make maneuvering around the shop way easier.

I'm gonna disagree with that second one...if all 4 wheels can "steer", it makes the cart able to go wherever it wants to kinda, rather than being able to "drive" it.

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
Whatever, it makes it so you can push it wherever you want! Go try to move the chassis table that my buggy is on, then go move the one kyle built. Way easier to get the new one where you want it to be, because of the four rotating wheels. You're just anti rear steer, you antirearsteerite, you. -_-

BioNuke1

Jeepsus Chrystler
Heres the cart I made fer my MillerMatic 175. 1" and 1 1/4" square tubing, 3/4" schedule 40 pipe, some sheet metal, and some casters I borrowed from a shopping cart. The handle is the front lower hoop from the shoping cart with like a foot removed from the flat part in the middle.... ok so I borrowed the whole shopping cart i'll but put it back (together) when im done with it :D ... I should probably make a better hanger for the cords and some bigger casters for hardcore cord flexing.

migcart.jpg

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
RockMonkey said:
Whatever, it makes it so you can push it wherever you want! :
Like, right over on it's side. :rofl:
I wouldn't do 4 steer unless the cart is much wider than a MM210. The steering casters will make it flop over if you push it sideways. Also, if you use inflatablr tires, get the largest diameter you can reasonably fit. That would also make it more stable, and still be able to roll over cords and cables.

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
Well here are some pics, not quite done yet but it is getting close. :)

Attachments

• Cart 1.jpg
    Cart 1.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 28
  • Cart 2.jpg
    Cart 2.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 37
  • Cart 3.jpg
    Cart 3.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 25

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
So is it 4 wheel steer, or not? Mine has never even threatened to tip over. :confused: I would (and will) do 4 wheel steer again.