Well I'm off to Blue Torch for my new job next week!!!

reddman

Fabber
:greg: :greg: :greg:

I will be building their production chassis. Fawk I'm excited!

So does anyone have advise for surviving in the heat and humidity?

Oh and it's actually either next week or the week after, I just finally decided maybe I'll tell a few folks, I still haven't really mentioned this over on pirate yet... Shhhhh ;)

-Redd

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Nice! Way to go! Sounds like it would be a lot of fun to work with those guys. Make sure you post up pics of buildups and cools stuff going on there! :D

reddman

Fabber
rckcrlr said:
Don't go outside!!
Thanks, that will be hard since their shop is open to the outside and it doesn't have AC. :ugh: No big deal...

Bart said:
Cool, congrats. Let us know if that 15 gallon TJ gas tank is as sweet as it looks in the ads.
I saw bender weld up several of them when I was down there for my job interview a couple months ago, they are sweet! I wish I could weld aluminum as well as him!

Thanks everyone too, I'm so excited! The reality of it all still hasn't sunk in completely.

reddman

Fabber
gcb17 said:
The SE U.S. has horrible humidity. You'll hate it. Good luck out there. It's a badass place to work.
that is the single biggest worry i have about this, fawk i hate heat and i hate humidy even more!

well, its between that and accidentally sitting in benders gum. :rofl:

gijohn40

too poor to wheel... :(
Lived in St.Louis for years...

while I was in st louis I hated the heat and humity.. and the only way to go is A/c in the vehicle and a dehumitifier in the house to take all the moisture out of the air.... when you look for a house make sure it has one or the wood inside will be all moldy and forget about grass... in st Louis all you grew was mold so pave the yard with cement!

Good luck and like everyone says take pictures!!!

fjsomething

Just don't forget about us here, and keep us posted on all the cool shiz going on out there. Ive seen your work on POR and your truck is sick. Keep it real and try to get them to do a fullsize build.

youngjeeper

Ride the Woody
Usually it's better to be outside than in a garage..my garage will be about 10-15 degrees hotter than the outside. I move my projects outside in the summertime and just get used to the sweat drops falling on the middle of your welding mask ;). Can't wait to get out West!

reddman

Fabber
Bart said:
Cool, congrats. Let us know if that 15 gallon TJ gas tank is as sweet as it looks in the ads.

Yeah, I would have to say they are sweet! It was hilarious, the other day, Bender was welding a couple of them up, and he had been using brake parts cleaner to prep the aluminum. Anyways for some reason right at the end of a long (10"+) weld, the cleaner fumes in the tank finally exploded, and shot flames up under his welding hood and almost burned all the skin off his neck! It was so loud! I was in the middle of welding a chassis across the shop and it sounded like a fawkin harley reving up. I flipped my hood up to see him fly back through the air and land hard on his ass. He just sat there for what seemed like forever while I tried to figure out just what the hell happened. He was in shock and just walked to the bathroom and soaked his neck and face in wet towels. it burned his thick goatee to almost nothing!

Im sure he hopes people appreciate what goes into those tanks!

rockreligious said:
Is Bluetorch still gonna have a tv show, or did that fall through?

It's still in the works, its a long, long proccess, but it still looks to be on track. The producer has been in a few times just this week. Stay tuned...

fjsomething said:
Just don't forget about us here, and keep us posted on all the cool shiz going on out there. Ive seen your work on POR and your truck is sick. Keep it real and try to get them to do a fullsize build.

It looks like my truck may be the fullsize build you are looking for. There are so many things I have wanted to do to it forever but I never have the time or tools, but now that I live in the single most boring town in the US, I have plenty of time to stay late after work and work on her. I pulled out both tcases and the trans today, I'm swapping the guts into a new case next week. On the long long list of things she needs is boatsides, a lot of wiring work, remounting of my rear upper links, steering upgrades, and a whole bunch of cosmetic stuff. I am also toying with the idea of chopping it all off behind the cab and tubing it out.

rosedude said:
man up and take the heat:sick:
jk. good luck bro.:greg:

Dude I miss ya rose! Call me this weekend, I wanna hear your latest thoughts on chopping up the 71. :D