We're moving...

Greg

I run a tight ship... wreck
Admin
OK, so we're not done with the deal yet but we are under contract for our new property. We are staying local, love Western CO and plan to be here for a long time. We have been looking for a new property for the last couple years, our current home is beautiful but the lot is VERY small and the houses in our neighborhood are very close together. Sometimes it feels like we live in an apartment complex... you can hear the neighbors too well, hear cars coming & going inside the house, etc. We've wanted to find a property with a little more elbow room and have looked at hundreds of homes... and had offers in on 4 others, most of them were on acreage, from 40 to 3 acres.

The place we're buying is a older brick/stucco home that has been remodeled with some nice updates. It sits on almost 1.5 acres, sits above the Colorado River and Grand Junction, in the Redlands. I'm excited for the wood burning stove come Winter. My favorite part is the 32x36 shop! :greg:

We should be closing at the end of July, if not a little sooner. Not the best time of year to move, but we'll make it work.

http://www.trulia.com/property/3115526260-2106-Sequoia-Ave-Grand-Junction-CO-81507

Greg

Admin
Thanks all, it's been a LONG road... not quite over yet, but I hope everything goes as planned and we're moving in soon.

BC... I have a better than 50% success rate... so there's that. :cody:

blznnp

Nice place! I browsed a couple other listings on that site....$$ goes a long ways over there!
Kinda funny you say that, money goes a long way over here as well compared to where we moved from.

Congrats on the new place Greg, the shop will be awesome to have as well as the property

Greg

Admin
looks slick. I like the kitchen and the shop!

did you tell the owners they can leave all their junk in the yard?

Yeah, the kitchen is nice... gas stove, granite counters and a bar. Catherine is excited about it.

The shop is wired for 220v and the current owner ran PVC lines for air, so it has a good start for usability.

The cars belong to the neighbors... we have plans for a fence on that side. ;)

Like I've got room to talk? I haven't touched the Blazer in two years now... :(

:p

Nice place! I browsed a couple other listings on that site....$$ goes a long ways over there!

Thanks Tyler! Yeah, certain areas are cheaper than others.... if you don't mind driving, you can get a nice house on 40 acres on Glade Park (25 min from GJ) for around $250-400k. It's nice, higher elevation at 7000' and you drive thru the Colorado Monument to get up there. We both work on the far East end of the Valley, so a drive from Glade Park to work would be 45+ min and that's just too much.