We're moving...

Greg

I run a tight ship... wreck
Admin
We closed on Friday... started moving in that afternoon! Friends on Facebook have probably already seen these...

20130721_154155-L.jpg

20130721_154125-L.jpg

20130721_155537-L.jpg

20130721_155619-L.jpg

The shop!

20130721_155152-L.jpg

20130721_155141-L.jpg

Moving SUCKS! We have so much... junk! We have been in our current home 8 years and I can't believe how much stuff we've collected. We even had a huge garage sale last year! I'm not looking forward to moving everything in the garage... lots of tools, loose parts, etc. :(

LT.

It looks like you are gonna need some help filling your garage and shop. Good news for you. I have seven trucks now and would be more than willing to "lend" you a few. Lol. That way all that extra space is used. Lol.

LT.

Greg

Admin
That is awesome :) it's perfect

It's perfect for us, some things need some work but it's stuff we can handle.

My next house will be something very similar to this (assuming I can afford it).

It took us a long time and we were all over the place looking at different properties. I'm not sure we would have chosen this property at first, but after a couple years of looking and a handful of failed contracts, we decided this was perfect for us.

It looks like you are gonna need some help filling your garage and shop. Good news for you. I have seven trucks now and would be more than willing to "lend" you a few. Lol. That way all that extra space is used. Lol.

LT.

Oh, I'm good! :D I don't have any plans for another project right away, but I sure am going to enjoy all the space in the shop in the mean time! I'll be able to park the GMC in there, have room to work on the KTM's, room for the tools, etc.

wood stove in the garage, badass. Daisy looks to be taking to the place

Yeah, wood burning stove in the house too... plus a gas fireplace in the master bedroom! :greg: The wood burning will be nice to keep winter heating costs low.

KWight

Congratulations Greg! Between my property and your garage we can have a Wrenching party then a place to test out the build. Time for a RME float to your place sometime?

Kevin

Greg

Admin
Congrats on the move!

Thanks Mike!

Very jealous. Nice stack of bricks! When i grow up, i am gonna have a shop as well. Congrats!

LT.

Does this mean I've grown up? :ugh:

Congratulations Greg! Between my property and your garage we can have a Wrenching party then a place to test out the build. Time for a RME float to your place sometime?

Kevin

Sounds good Kevin, we picked up a kayak recently in hopes of spending more time on the river! I still need a 2nd one, but hopefully after we get settled we can get out on the river.

Greg

Admin
We're about 1/2 way done with the move... remind me not to do this again, ever! :ugh:

The shop is filling up slowly, but I have to say that it's nice to leave the garage empty and fill the shop with tools, toys and parts! Who would have known!? Plenty of space in the shop too, so nice! The GMC has been getting a workout, several loads a day. I've started to add some personal touches to the shop, with more to come.

20130723_205110-L.jpg

20130723_205758-L.jpg

sixstringsteve

you know it's a big garage when it makes that truck look small.

Keep some mental notes of the best and worst part about moving. I'm about ready to move and I need some encouragement.

Greg

Admin
you know it's a big garage when it makes that truck look small.

Keep some mental notes of the best and worst part about moving. I'm about ready to move and I need some encouragement.

No kidding! The shop has an 8' tall garage door and the truck fits without issue, it's so nice. I'm still trying to figure out the best use of space in the shop, it does have an enclosed room which I'm using as the tool room, I just don't want to take up usable space in the rest of the shop if I don't have to.

For suggestions... have a HUGE garage/moving/yard sale before you move and sell anything & everything you haven't used in the last 6 months! Plan ahead w/ your packing, label everything, get boxes from people that have recently moved, throw a 'pizza' party and invite all your friends when you're ready to move. Help is crucial!

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
Looks awesome. I'm super jealous of the shop.
This also makes me DREAD moving! We're already planning stuff to sell on ksl so we don't have to move it and we can use it as a chance to get some new stuff in CO.

Caleb

Best advice I can give anyone moving is to pay someone to do it. Best money I ever spent! I had them move me from my storage unit to my garage, then we moved everything in to the house at our own pace.

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
If your enclosed room isn't "used" for working in, put your air compressor in there too. Nothing beats a silent compressor. :)

Greg

Admin
Looks awesome. I'm super jealous of the shop.
This also makes me DREAD moving! We're already planning stuff to sell on ksl so we don't have to move it and we can use it as a chance to get some new stuff in CO.

You're going to do it in one shot, yes? Rent the biggest Uhaul and a car hauler trailer for your XJ. We made one trip when we moved from CA to CO, loading & unloading is the hard part. Round up your friends!

Best advice I can give anyone moving is to pay someone to do it. Best money I ever spent! I had them move me from my storage unit to my garage, then we moved everything in to the house at our own pace.

That's great advice! :rofl:

If your enclosed room isn't "used" for working in, put your air compressor in there too. Nothing beats a silent compressor. :)

That was the plan all along, I also put the drill press in there. I don't think I'm going to put the chop saw and band saw in there, as moving material around in the room wouldn't be easy. I have more shelving I can put in there, for parts storage. The room is quite large!