What a game...

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
Probably the greatest catch ever was forgotten about seconds after it happened. What a shame. And then the fight? Come on guys.

I think lock tite had the best commercial.

That's all.

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
Definitely not a Bill Belicheck can but didn't really want the Seahawks to repeat so I was glad it was at least close, either way.

Bart

At least it was close and a real game. No kidding about cancelling the greatest catch of the season.

CobraNutt

Horrible play call at the end. Three yards to go with beast mode running well...yeah, let's pass it instead. Ugh. Still, it was a pretty good game to watch. :)

Sent from my mystical handheld gizmo.

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
Supporting Member
My wife is the football fan in my home--me not so much haha. I will say that was a great halftime show. It's about time someone did something that was entertaining for the whole family. The sharks and palmtrees were awesome.. Got to hand it to Katy Perry I think she did a great job on that one.

Coco

Was hoping the Seahawks were going to win it, but then they decided to throw it, rather than run it in... Then blow the offsides goal-line push... Patriots didnt win, Seattle blew it. And THE greatest catch ever!

Overall though, a great game.

Halftime show very entertaining, commercials were OK. Not many funny ones though.

yz250_

Horrible play call at the end. Three yards to go with beast mode running well...yeah, let's pass it instead. Ugh. Still, it was a pretty good game to watch. :)

Sent from my mystical handheld gizmo.

Easy to be an armchair coach. If not for the amazing play by the cornerback it was an easy touchdown and they would have been hailed for the awesome play call

CobraNutt

Easy to be an armchair coach. If not for the amazing play by the cornerback it was an easy touchdown and they would have been hailed for the awesome play call
Nah...it STILL would have been a terrible play call. Best running back in the league at the three yard line, and you pass to the middle of the linebackers/secondary? Dumb call, even if it had worked. BUT...It's cool that an undrafted, free-agent rookie stole the game for the Pats!

amp713

Im with cobra..... Sure they loaded the line and figured everyone would be looking for the run but Coach whats his name even came out and said that was the only pass they were gonna try. After that it was all in the hands of the "rushing touchdown NFL record holding" back. They never should have went for that play.

I voted MVP for pats was the offensive coordinator of the hawks.

blznnp

We are from seattle, and we are bummed. My wife seems to be a bigger fan now that she is understanding the game. I just don't get into them or sports in general as much anymore. But yes, crappy call at the end. If I was Lynch I would be pissed that I didn't get the ball. It only seemed fitting anyways that he would be the one to get the winning touchdown in the superbowl. They had it won. And that catch, that was impressive. I think though that the Pats out played the seahawks though. But the seahawks should have easily won that with only seconds left and on the 2 yard line. We'll see if this decision to not run it affects Lynch's decision to stay.

DAA

Supporting Member
Great catch, but not even close to the best catch of the season, let alone all time. Odell Beckham's snag against the Crackboys was the best catch of the season

- DAA

yz250_

""Carroll said the call for a quick slant to Lockette was dictated by the Patriots deploying their run-stuffing package.
"We were going to run the ball to win the game — just not on that play," Carroll said. "They had sent in their goal-line people. They had guys on the line of scrimmage. So we thought we'd spread them out with three wides. ... We had three downs and we had a timeout.""

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
^ and that's a dumb call. You're on the three with downs to spare and a timeout in your pocket and a run game that's clicking, and you decide to throw the ball and risk an interception? Naw, dumb call. They out-thunk themselves, and that corner was in the right place at the right time, and the stupid Pats win another SB.

amp713

Great catch, but not even close to the best catch of the season, let alone all time. Odell Beckham's snag against the Crackboys was the best catch of the season

- DAA

That catch made me believe in spiderman!!! And small miracles.... haha

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
Both fantastic catches, but completely different. Odells catch was just pure skill, nothing more (well I'd be interested to know the air pressure in the ball at the time of the catch. That could have helped a lot. :D ). Last nights catch was a mix of dumb luck, voodoo, and more luck. He didn't even see it until after the second or third bounce off his thigh. But I liked the way he kind of cradled his hand around it then brought it in. I guess there was a bit of skill in there too.