What are you listening to?

DAA

When I mentioned earlier, I couldn't find any really top notch SRV live recordings - to clarify, I mean the quality of the recordings themselves, not the performances.

Dude was an absolute sight to see on the guitar.

I only ever saw him once, about a year earlier than the above, at the old Salt Palace. Warming up for the Moody Blues. Honestly, I hadn't ever heard of him and wasn't that interested, I wish I'd have paid more attention. But, to continue being honest, I didn't give a crap about the Moody Blues either, I was just there for the girls. Metal Sluts, ahhh, how I loved the Metal Sluts... Could always find them at every show.

- DAA

frieed

Jeepless in Draper
Supporting Member
When I was in college my brother called from Amarillo asking about the warm-up band for George Thoroughgood, some "Steve Vaughn", that he was going to see. He was blown away.

frieed

Jeepless in Draper
Supporting Member
Over the years I'm realizing how fortunate I was to live in Austin at that time.
For those with a more blues/folk bent, how about Angela Strehli
I used to go see her at Hut's hamburger joint.
and sometimes Marcia Ball. Here she is on Austin City Limits

About ACL... I made it about 15 times... filmed in the UT Austin Studio, the tickets were free as well as the beer. Studio held maybe 250 people.

If you like those two and SRV, then there is nothing better than Joe Bonamassa and Beth Hart..

Die Blaue Ziege

Working on a Ford somewhere
And then there is music that is maybe just a little too far out there.....

And then even further there is this:

And then. Sometimes there are just not enough words :

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
I'm not a big Papa Roach fan, but I love this new one from them! Between the saxophone, attitude and sound, I think it's pretty fun.

I doubt many others will agree... X-D

Oh, NSFW!! A lot of swears....

DAA

And, not for nothing, SRV took Jimi and Albert King and smushed them together then added a healthy dose of something brand new, without losing any of those original ingredients. Genius. True, Genius.

- DAA