What are your NPLD plans?

drtsqrl

I luv Pritchett
We had a great time on our project. Weather was sunny and nice, just a bit windy. We installed carsonites and a fence in Pritchett Canyon, and re-seeded the two old "hill climbs". At the Pritchett Arch hiking trail, did a bunch of re-seeding, installed signs, and marked the hiking trail with rock cairns. Had 9 rigs, one bicycle, and 18 people, (including 2 BLM reps), and a lot of fun.

Greg

I run a tight ship... wreck
Admin
What you two do behind closed doors is none of our business.:handlebars:

I'm sorry I had to leave early, but it looks like quite a bit of junk got cleaned up.

Oh, it was in public, no closed doors there! :ugh:

It was good to see you again Curt, sorry we didn't have much time to BS. Thanks for the help out there!

JeeperG

Well the plans for the Naxja/Bighorn group up farmington changed this morning a little due to weather.

I didn't get pics so I will steal a few from Dr. Moab.

We had approximately 15 rigs, 2 guys and one gal from forest service telling us what to do. Also a guy from the Standard Examiner was on hand to take notes for awhile.

After meeting in town we all headed up to the Shed in Farmington Canyon.
From here we decided to break up into 2 groups, Naxja IC one way and Bighorn the other.
IMGP5197.jpg

I think the Bighorn group went to post carsonite signs, pick up trash etc?

The Naxja group headed up the road from the shed and Built a few fences to block off a bypass for a restoration area.
Trying to dig the first hole for a sign.
IMGP5201.jpg

Drilling holes for part of the fence.
IMGP5200.jpg

Part of the fence building.
IMGP5202.jpg

On our way out the Bountiful side, Yeah I was cold.
IMGP5206.jpg

All in all for the elements we where delt we did a kick arse job today.

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
Well, Meat's right. For a spur-of-the-moment ide'er, it went well. I'd say it came off without a hitch, but I'm sure the hitch was still there. :D
I think that was the perfect cap to a lackluster afternoon HAHAHAH :( :D

Brad J

I taught the family never to wheel alone:eek: We started to slide side ways into a steep ravine while playing around for a few minutes:ugh: That got to be really fun. Then the 2wd open diff Suburban didn't want to leave the parking lot when loaded up. It would back up just fine but wouldn't go forward at all. Finally made it out w/ the snow really dumping. We did have a very fun day out there:D

Attachments

• IMG_1733sm.jpg
    IMG_1733sm.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 11

Meat_

Banned
I taught the family never to wheel alone:eek: We started to slide side ways into a steep ravine while playing around for a few minutes:ugh: That got to be really fun. Then the 2wd open diff Suburban didn't want to leave the parking lot when loaded up. It would back up just fine but wouldn't go forward at all. Finally made it out w/ the snow really dumping. We did have a very fun day out there:D

We didn't leave you sitting there did we? Oh yeah we saw the burb but didn't know who it belonged to.

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
Then the 2wd open diff Suburban didn't want to leave the parking lot when loaded up.

ah, geez!!! I thought that was 4wd, guess the hubcaps threw me.

That mud made driving straight kind of interesting. Steering wheel got a real workout coming down out of the hills, with all the ruts :rofl::rofl:

Thanks for coming out, and thank your kids too! And your wife for putting up with all of it. :D

Greg

I run a tight ship... wreck
Admin

Glad you guys made it out... and out of the parking lot!

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
So here's some pics.

The awesome donut cloud that I thought meant a good day ahead. Donuts are good, right? Yeah they are. I've only seen one other cloud like that, in Vegas. No helicopters hovered near me though, Cody. :D

dsc01293mediumtk8.jpg

Since the BLM put our dumpster somewhat far from our arranged meeting place, I had to make do with the Burb as banner-holder. No room for the RME banner though. :(

dsc01296mediumuw8.jpg

As people showed up, we used the Buckmillers' MJ as a sign-in table, and signed up one new U4WDA member.

dsc01297mediumgg8.jpg

Here's a shot of some of the rigs present.

dsc01298mediumpu7.jpg

Greg showed me the cigar he found on the trail. :D

dsc01301mediumyl2.jpg

Things took an ominous turn in the heavens above:

dsc01300mediumyi9.jpg

Brad J

We didn't leave you sitting there did we? Oh yeah we saw the burb but didn't know who it belonged to.

ah, geez!!! I thought that was 4wd, guess the hubcaps threw me.

That mud made driving straight kind of interesting. Steering wheel got a real workout coming down out of the hills, with all the ruts :rofl::rofl:

Thanks for coming out, and thank your kids too! And your wife for putting up with all of it. :D

Greg said:
Glad you guys made it out... and out of the parking lot!

We made it out ok. It just took a while of backing up and then trying to get forward momentum. I figured we could always get the scout off to pull it out but I didn't like that idea after getting it tied down. I can't believe how slick that mud got. It was fun and can't wait to do it again:greg:

GOAT

Back from the beyond
Well the plans for the Naxja/Bighorn group up farmington changed this morning a little due to weather.

On our way out the Bountiful side, Yeah I was cold.
IMGP5206.jpg

All in all for the elements we where delt we did a kick arse job today.

Holy crap! I would have died

greenjeep

Cause it's green, duh!
Kane Creek went well. 5 rigs, 12 people. We flagged the best route in the creek bottom. The beginning of the trail is getting soooo washed out, several places were down-right scary.

Oh, and I think my dog broke his leg jumping out of the Jeep, he's at the vet right now :(.

olywrestle

Duct Tape
SLC4x4

Just thought I would pop in and thank those that came and helped us clean up the Little Moab area.

We had a nice size group of about 15 people and hauled out about 2 trucks worth of garbage. I know there was some trash that got left because we just got too cold and wet because of the wind and snow, but we made a definite improvement. We are going to plan a follow up in the spring also.

Thank you U4WDA for the shirts and day passes!

Thursty

Soldier Pass went well also. Thanks again to the DIRTHEDZ crew. We had a great time until Mother Nature cut it short.
Thanks to U4WDA for the shirts and banner.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Henry Mtn Trip Report:
5 rigs & 7 participants. General trash pickup, cleared trees and debris from trails, cleaned firepits at dispersed campsites.