What did you forget!

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
this last trip we helped a stranded lady on the side of I-15 in the middle of nowhere... about midnight, and she was on crutches...

i could not find my tire iron, figured i'd left it home.. found it the next morning :(

i need to make a more concious effort to have wrench sizes in ALL the sizes i might need.. like the bigger shackle bolts... maybe a 24mm?

We keep our girl pretty well stocked with the daily necessaties like sand toys, extra clothes for the kids, spare parts, an eclectic collection of tools, the high lift, and can't forget about the crazy creek chairs! :chris: The one thing I can never seem to find when I need it would be a flashlight, yet I always find it when I'm cleaning her out before a trip. :confused: I think Murphy's Law states that regardless of how prepared you are, there will always be something you'll need in a near emergency that you won't have! :rofl:

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
I should wheel with you BroncoMama... i have 3-4 flashlights at a time, and never any chairs :)

Seth

These go to 11
I went through my rig 2 years ago and figured out that was most likely to break and worked backward.

Made sure I had the correct sizes to change shafts and hubs, drivelines and u-bolts. etc etc etc.

Now that the rig has changed I need to do it all over again. That and my first aid kit has been widdled away at. I need to revamp that.

As far as flashlights I have two sets of these.

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
Now that the rig has changed I need to do it all over again. That and my first aid kit has been widdled away at. I need to revamp that.

thanks for the trail bandage :) wait.. staging area bandage:p

i should've taken a pic of our wonderful creation of gause and duct tape;)

Okay the build has begun. We are building a custom box for all of the things that are allways forgotten on the trail.

This is the list of items that we are going to put into the box. :ugh:

- fluids, oil etc.
- birf
- driveline
- tools of course
- cooler
- BBQ grill
- rags
- paper plates etc.
- straps
- flashlight
- table
- first aide kit
- tire gauge and valve puller

Thats a basic list, can anyone think of anything else? that we must have, or is nice to have.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
I've got a handful of "check-off" sheets that I print out each time I'm loading up, each tailored to the vehicle I'm taking and the type of trip. Several hundred items I go through from tools to toilet paper. Most items are pre-loaded in bins so all I do is load the bin and some are always loaded in the vehicle. I've had enough of the forgetting some crucial component for the weekend (like my digi cam that I forgot on a recent trip).

Crinco

Last trip out I was wishing I hadn't forgot my Advil :(
Also a gallon of water for the rig on hot days, in case of fluid lose. The older the rig the more important a wiring kit is (spare wire, termals, crimping tool, voltage tester, fuses)
Your list reads like a camping trip (over-night), I don't do any cooking on the trail myself, but some do.
Gloves
Spare tire
Spare fanbelt
Blanket
Zip Ties