General Tech What engine oil do you use and why?

iamsparticus

Take your Rig to the Edge
Amsoil rocks

Castrol full synthetic, but amsoil is top notch i wish i could afford it but when i do a engine swap i will use amsoil and nothing else becasue they have a way of making there high viscosity oils not thick which is a huge advantage on wear in starting the engine

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Valvoline dino for the gas engines... good stuff IMO. It's real clean, I like using it to break in newly rebuilt engines too. High quality oil for a good price.

Rotella for my diesel and the motorcycle. It's heavy duty oil and takes the abuse from both those engines.

str8axleguy

I run royal purple in the sami, just because I heard it is good really expensive though. Run valvoline 15 40 the blue one in the powerstroke, can run up to 10 k between changes but I only go 5

jackjoh

Jack - KC6NAR
Supporting Member
What ever the manual says because all oils are good if they have the required specs.
The most important part is the interval, follow the manual.

Caleb

Mobile 1 syn w/ Lucas in the Taco
Castrol dino w/Lucas in the Cruisers
I'm curious why you use Lucas? I used to use it too, back in the day, but for some reason have stopped. (maybe because I've gotten too lazy to even do my own oil changes :rofl: ) Do you notice a difference?