What GPS do you have?

Corban_White

I finally got to use the my tracks app on my droid yesterday. It recorded a great track and published it to google complete with trip data. Here is a link. We started at the "B" but then had to go put some gas in one of the sleds. The trip data is found in the (End) link.

mesha

By endurance we conquer
just got brunton gps as a bonus from work :). I know nothing about it so I guess it is time to learn.

DOSS

Poker of the Hornets Nest
I have been using a garmin Rino 530 for the last year and love it, a little bigger than just a straight GPS but I like that it is 2 products in one (GPS and GMRS radio).

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Though I've been really happy with the Garmin's over the past 5-6 years I am going to switch to the new Delorme (PN-60w) when it comes out this spring... its got some neat features I'm very stoked about for my personal uses.

Caleb

Though I've been really happy with the Garmin's over the past 5-6 years I am going to switch to the new Delorme (PN-60w) when it comes out this spring... its got some neat features I'm very stoked about for my personal uses.
I'll wait for hands on reviews of it but I agree, that PN-60w sounds promising. I've been wanting to pick up a SPOT, but that has the capability built right in. That would be nice.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
I'll wait for hands on reviews of it but I agree, that PN-60w sounds promising. I've been wanting to pick up a SPOT, but that has the capability built right in. That would be nice.

Better than that, it has the capability of sending a 48 character message via the Spot system whereas now you can only send a pre-formatted (ie computer access) message. :cool:

So instead of "need help non-life threatening" its now "need Dana 35 rear axle shaft" :D

lhracing

I have the Megellan Explorist 600 with the topo maps loaded that I use most of the time. I also have the Explorist 400 and they both seem to be fine.

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
I finally got to use the my tracks app on my droid yesterday. It recorded a great track and published it to google complete with trip data. Here is a link. We started at the "B" but then had to go put some gas in one of the sleds. The trip data is found in the (End) link.
I am loving the droid. Set up Latitude and you will constantly report your last known location. Works great for intermittent cell coverage as it will ping whenever it gets a signal. That Tracks is cool, I gotta use that.

mesha

By endurance we conquer
well, mine is a brunton atlas. Don't know if that is good or not. I just read all 107 pgs of the manual andit sounds okay I guess. I don't know anything about GPS to know if I like it yet.