what is it worth

cheapzuk

I have my eye on a 76 or 77 ford Highboy. The engine doesn't run and it has a few other minor problems, but the body is in perfect shape. I was just wondering what the going price is for one of them. Thanks

onetuff76

Guard Rail Tester
If the bed is cancer free, and without the engine running, I'd say something like like $1500. If its got the 390 don't waste your time and money on it, swap in a 460 and be done with it.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
onetuff76 said:
If the bed is cancer free, and without the engine running, I'd say something like like $1500. If its got the 390 don't waste your time and money on it, swap in a 460 and be done with it.
He's right on the 390... The older ones are pretty good, but in 75/76 or so, they had some serious problems with the heads. My dad had a 76 f250, and he had to swap the motor before 35 thousand miles.

BlackDog

one small mod at a time
If you buy, there is/was a 71 galxie 500, with 429, and under a 100k in Scipio for 250, guy wanted $400, but I got him down to $250, drive 'er home.
Lined a bum (literally) out on it, but don't know if he followed through, doubtful.
It is right off the exit for scipio, on south side of highway headed east, kind of a little garage, and 24/7 towing place.
again, see sig...........

Last edited: