What lift pump to run?

wagonmaster

ONE TON 'O WAGON
After pulling jeeps yesterday I have decided that my lift pump isn't keeping up to my trucks needs. It needs replaced or upgraded what choices do you have the best luck with? I wish to only do this one time not every year. Oh and my truck is 98 Dodge Cumins Dually 24 Valve.

LT.

Airdog! Nuff' said. Fass is good, no doubt about that but, for a little bit less the Airdog will do everything the Fass will and do it cheaper. You said that, you don't think your lift pump is keeping up with your trucks needs. Does this mean that your lift pump is weak or does it mean that your truck is over running the pump? If it is weak then you may also have to replace the injection pump. When the lift pump goes it takes out the injection pump with it, usually.

LT.

wagonmaster

ONE TON 'O WAGON
I installed new lift pump yesterday. Truck runs sweet and shut off a nagging check engine light which I think was also caused be not enough fuel volume (code 0222). Injection pump is O.K. thank goodness!!!!!

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
I relocated mine down lower onto the frame away and off of the vibrating, hot block. Works well and has been going strong for over a year now. We'll see how long the pressure holds up.

bryson

RME Resident Ninja
Supporting Member
I just bought the new Air Dog II 165... haven't installed it yet. Hope it's as cool as it's supposed to be. It looks to be a very well put together kit with detailed instructions. Should have it in early next week.