What tires would you pick?

sawblade

This has probably been asked before but I can’t find it, so…. If you had a 2010 2 door Rubicon with a 3” Tereflex Long Arm lift, 5.13 gears, 17X9” wheels, and a few other goodies, and used it about 60% off road rock crawling, slick rock, and sand, and were going to go to 37” tires, what tires would you get assuming you had the bucks for anything you want?

Thanks.

jeep-N-montero

Formerly black_ZJ
Some may disagree, but the BFG A/T's are great tires and work well in all of the conditions you listed, especially if you are driving it and not towing it to the trails.

plaidfro

Some may disagree, but the BFG A/T's are great tires and work well in all of the conditions you listed, especially if you are driving it and not towing it to the trails.

I agree... thats what I chose with my 35's. I looked at the Goodyear MTRs and the Dynapro MTs... the BFGs were the right price and an ideal tire for my daily road travel and offroading needs. I would have gotten the Dynapros if they were at the same price as the BFG A/Ts but they would have been an extra $250 for the set of 4.

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
Look at the Toyo MTs. Tough tire, well made, easy to balance, and really durable. They even ride well on the highway. But they will cost you more.

Bear T

Tacoma free since '93
2010 2 door Rubicon with a 3” Tereflex Long Arm lift, 5.13 gears, going to go to 37” tires

Thanks.

From my experience, you are going to have a hard time putting 37's on with only a 3", we've done it, but it rub's really bad when you tire to flex, even driving over a curb.

That being said, in either a 37 or 35 I would do either the KM2 or Pro Comp Extreme M/T, (not to be confused with the xterrain). But thats just me.

RockChucker

the longer i have had my mtr kevlars, the more i have been impressed. they are quiet on the road, wear really well, and they love to stick to rocks. for what mud driving i have done, they have done well too. you can't go wrong with them.

zukgod1

Senior crawler
Toyo MT's.

I've ran them pure street and dedicated trail, awesome tire in both situations.
Yes they were a tad spendy but they lasted a long damn time.

R

rockdog

Anything above 50% offroad time, I'm going to have to say TREPS/KRAWLERS(Tall or short stack on the Bfg's):D If cash is no option?