Archived What trails you running this year?

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
Sorry for the hijack, but who do I talk to about having a vendor booth at the arena? Any idea on costs? Thanks! PM if you want, to keep the thread on track.

To get back to the ORIGINAL QUESTION:

As EJS comes closer and closer, what trails is everyone planning on running?

We are doing with the RR4W groups:
Poison Spider (gunning)
Pritchett Canyon
Metal Masher (gunning)
Strike Ravine/BFE

Probably free lance a few trails during the week as well.

We are heading down first Saturday, and staying until Saturday before Easter.

Looks like Friday is the only day you can run PS, GBR, GS, or rusty nail. And the other 51 weeks in the year.

Well put, TimB. I realize that everybody that goes to EJS is spending money to get there and spending money while they're there, but the people that sign up for RR4W events are shelling out even more to have a "guided tour" of the trails. Don't ruin the experience for the group by renegading the trails and holding everybody up....that's my .02:)

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
Thanks Tim, I found it!

I will most likely roll in around the 3rd and stay through the 12th. If Friday is the only day I can get on Golden Spike (or the others), that's gonna suck because I'll most likely have to be at the vendor show. The rest of the time I'll probably be on Pritchett, Area BFE (if it's open), Behind the Rocks, Steel Bender, etc. I'll probably come in town and run Fins n Things, too. Maybe I'll look into some that I've never done before like Elephant Hill, Porcupine Rim, and Top of the World.

greenjeep

Cause it's green, duh!
My schedule, (I love teaching in Moab, EJS = Spring Break!)

Sat - Hells (with Bart)
Sun - Poison Spider, leading
Mon - Pritchett
Tues - Steelbender, leading
Wed - Backwards Bill
Thurs - Metals Masher, leading
Fri - at vendor show
Big Sat - Strike Ravine
Sun - Fins & Things

Bart

Opening Saturday - Leading Hell's (thanks Dave)
Sunday - gunning Metal Masher
Monday - Saturday, having a BLAST. BFE, Pritchett (when open)

rholbrook

I got my trail confirmation and my group (4 rigs) are running KC on Big Saturday. We will be winging it prior to that. We will pick an empty trail and go. All of us have lights under our rigs and plan to run at night.

I ran KC 2 years ago in July and the first part was really uneventful but climbing up out of the canyon was tuff because I had open diffs. Now I am locked, ready and anxious to run it with water. Everytime I go to Moab I feel like I'm and Christmas is around the corner. My wife thinks I'm weird but I remind her its just like her going to the mall for her. Problem is, she goes to the mall weekly.

Robert T

Skull Designs Euros
friday thru sunday-pickle, flat iron, gold bar, and possibly moab rim night run
monday- flat iron-leading
tuesday-strike ravine

drtsqrl

I luv Pritchett
First Saturday - Metal Masher (gunning)
Monday - Pritchett (leading)
Wednesday - Behind the Rocks
Thursday / Friday - Vendor's show / U4 booth
Saturday - BFE???

surgeryturtle

RedRoxx
Saturday-Cliff Hanger (gunning)
Sunday-likely Hell's Revenge
Monday-Pritchett
Tuesday-Steel Bender (gunning)
Wednesday-BTR
Thursday-Metal Masher (gunning)
Friday-vendor show, rest the Jeeps, fix the Jeeps
BIG Saturday-Hey Joe Canyon (gunning)

Slippery

In GA now,headed to MOAB!
My schedule, (I love teaching in Moab, EJS = Spring Break!)
Sat - Hells (with Bart)
Sun - Poison Spider, leading
Mon - Pritchett
Tues - Steelbender, leading
Wed - Backwards Bill
Thurs - Metals Masher, leading
Fri - at vendor show
Big Sat - Strike Ravine
Sun - Fins & Things

We're hauling from Atlanta, and it looks like you're our leader on Thursday.
Sunday - Golden Spike
Monday - Cliff Hanger
Tuesday - Hells Revenge
Wednesday - Behind the rocks
Thursday - Metal Masher
Friday - Moab Rim

We can't wait. 1st trip to Moab.

Ranger84

We are wanting to run pritchett and rusty nail, my buddies rig isnt gonna be done so we are solo this trip anyone want to run one of those?

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
We are wanting to run pritchett and rusty nail, my buddies rig isnt gonna be done so we are solo this trip anyone want to run one of those?

I'm always down for a Pritchett run! We went to run it yesterday and were denied repeatedly. Trail was muddy and etc. The obstacle Chewy is getting terribly difficult, and reminds me of the last obstacle before Yellow Hill - that one that is completely off camber with ledges - but worse. My rig was the least capable of the three of us and after 3 hours in, we turned around - didn't even make it to rocker knocker. There was a group 3? just finishing up Chewy when we arrived and we never saw them again. Granted, we played around and BS'ed a lot, but not that much....

Today the weather was gorgeous! sunny, no wind and warm. Melted almost all of the snow in camp today that was left over from Friday nights ~8" we got. Saw lots of caved in tents :rofl:

cannoncrawler

TWERNT THE MORMONS!!!!!!
Not really wanting to hear that Wayne. the Idea was to lleave the snow of Idaho.

We are planning on running Pritchett next monday If you are still around you are welcome to join us.

Ranger84

We're headed down in just a couple hours, we're only going to be there until sunday.
We're campin at sandflats I think so hopefully we can meet up with someone and run a couple trails.

Last edited: