What vehicles to avoid buying, teenager style.

jeeper

DumpStor Owner
I’ve been driving this Corolla exclusively for a few weeks. Helps keep me humble for sure.. but it’s a hoot to drive.
The craziest part for me is going from $60 full ups to $25, in about the same number of miles. 😳 it’s been a while since I’ve seen anything better than 16mpg.

The crank windows and manual door locks are a bit annoying, especially as I have to roll the windows up and down quite a bit to take photos.. but I’m getting over it.

Spork

Tin Foil Hat Equipped
Dragging this back up, yes it's about that time when I need to buy something. Any opinion on Toyota vs Honda? Or should I be looking for something else? Looking newer than 2000 and less than $4k.

johngottfredson

Threat Level Midnight
Dragging this back up, yes it's about that time when I need to buy something. Any opinion on Toyota vs Honda? Or should I be looking for something else? Looking newer than 2000 and less than $4k.
Those are both the emblems you want on the front of the car for that price point. My 2000 and 2007 corollas were flawless for hundreds of thousands of miles.

johngottfredson

Threat Level Midnight
My grandpa had a 1972 gmc 2500 that my mom drove in high school, was passed to my uncle where my cousin (and her bff, my future wife) drove it to high school, then purchased by me about 20 years ago. I sold it to get into a new Tacoma in 2004, but if I found something similar I’d buy it for my 14 year old to drive in a couple of years. Such a cool high school truck!

kmboren

Recovering XJ owner anonymous
Here is something I came across. Ironically Katelynn drives what he tells you not let your teenager drive. He talks about compacts all the way to Sport cars.