What'll you buy when you win the $1.5 Billion powerball?

juhcohbee

i like that plan, id probably get me some sort of unimog and do something like this:
Unimog-Orange-Overland-Expo-5-20-14.jpg

jeeper

I live my life 1 dumpster at a time
I'd take the yearly payments, place them in good investment accounts, pay off each of my homes, buy a few more, and tell my kids that 1.5billion is enough to buy each of them a new bicycle.
Once I have insured about $500k/year in income, I would give the rear of the money away is crazy fun ways.

rholbrook

I'd take the yearly payments, place them in good investment accounts, pay off each of my homes, buy a few more, and tell my kids that 1.5billion is enough to buy each of them a new bicycle.
Once I have insured about $500k/year in income, I would give the rear of the money away is crazy fun ways.

Then if you die after the first payment your wife will only get about 50 million and the payments stop. Financially, it makes sense to take the annual payments but if you think you wont live for 29 years, then take the lump sum.

jeeper

I live my life 1 dumpster at a time
Then if you die after the first payment your wife will only get about 50 million and the payments stop. Financially, it makes sense to take the annual payments but if you think you wont live for 29 years, then take the lump sum.

I'm fairly certain my wife and family could survive with a measly $50mil. It would be a struggle, but they could make it. :)

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
Strippers & cocaine.
I have a moral dilemma with this. If I won, there is a good chance I'd die within a month due to strippers and cocaine. On the otherhand I'm as cheap as Jeeper so I don't buy loto tickets. I guess that's problem solved.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

DAA

Supporting Member
I'd hire a lawyer, then two lawyers to make sure the fist one isn't effing me in the butt. Then a financial advisor. Then another lawyer to make sure the financial advisor isn't offing me in the butt. Then two more lawyers, to make sure the other four lawyers aren't effing me in the butt. Then an independent auditing firm, to make sure the butt effing protection layer isn't effing me in the butt.

Then I'd buy a ranch I've had my eyes on for about 30 years now. And life being the cruel joke that it is, enjoy it for 26 days before finding out I have incurable C and dying 45 miserable pain filled days later, putting up with my survivors fighting and positioning over my recently acquired fortune.

The lawyers to watch the lawyers and independent auditor part though, the two richest people I personally know, tell me it's a necessary evil.

- DAA

Last edited:

bobdog

4x4 Addict!

It does not work like that. The yearly payments are an annuity you can leave to your heirs.

bobdog

4x4 Addict!
To start I would be taking a trip to the space station on a Soviet rocket. beach house, ski house at Snowbird, house in Moab, and go from there

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
Land, land and land. And an EarthRoamer, and whatever else I felt like. Lots of paintings. Lots of travel. Some businesses so people could do what they love without worrying. And so on. And I'd have a constant supply of dried peaches, because they're so damn tasty. Land Cruisers. M5 station wagon. A GOLD PLATED AK47!!! LOL

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
All that investment garbage you all said, finish my education, and buy some land.
Help my father make his business really successful.
Start a charity, try to do some good with the windfall and try to make up for being an idiot sometimes.