What'll you buy when you win the $1.5 Billion powerball?

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
I'd hire a lawyer, then two lawyers to make sure the fist one isn't effing me in the butt. Then a financial advisor. Then another lawyer to make sure the financial advisor isn't offing me in the butt. Then two more lawyers, to make sure the other four lawyers aren't effing me in the butt. Then an independent auditing firm, to make sure the butt effing protection layer isn't effing me in the butt.

Then I'd buy a ranch I've had my eyes on for about 30 years now. And life being the cruel joke that it is, enjoy it for 26 days before finding out I have incurable C and dying 45 miserable pain filled days later, putting up with my survivors fighting and positioning over my recently acquired fortune.

The lawyers to watch the lawyers and independent auditor part though, the two richest people I personally know, tell me it's a necessary evil.

- DAA
Thank you Dave. When read in your assigned Sam Eliot voice in my mind, this may be the funniest thing this year.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
bfafbb8f3f99cd3fac4dcd029d8bbff3_view.jpg

With a nice chunk of property on the island in the background. And a nice truck to go on that property.

Houndoc

A couple weeks ago had a discussion with my teen-age kids about wealth (not at all saying it is a bad thing.) I tried to figure out how I would spend a single windfall of $10million. Even taking into account taxes had a hard time spending it all.

Guess I don't have expensive enough tastes!

So for the Powerball case, I guess could simple start by donating (either to existing organization and/or funding my own) everything after taxes to get me to the $10mil mark, invest about $7million of that.

Leaves $3 million. Nice ranch with house and barn for $1-1.5 million. $200K for vehicles (well above what need to be spent, got to get at least one that is pointless but fun), another $200K or so on toys (boat, snowmobiles, hovercraft). $50k on other fun stuff (guns, camera upgrades and the the like), an expensive horse or two (dream of a Gypsy Vanner someday) and the rest for some great travel adventures. Have a long list of countries I want to travel to for horse-back adventures.