What's the dealio with Dump Bump?

Mike_Lib

Mall Crawlin'
Can you get busted for tresspassing? I was doin' it Sat night and a five-0 rollz by so everyone cut's their lights. He was driving back and forth for a few minutes and then he cut out. Was he there to watch the action or cut a ticket?

JJJZJ

Jager Abuser
i think after sundown, you cant be there. At least that would be my reasoning based on the gate that is open during the day and closed at night. but im not 100 percent sure

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
they really limited use of it during last years EJS. I think if you go through the gate, you can get busted, but if you go up the fin and drop down into dump bump, then you have an excuse. You didnt' know it was gated off.

Cody

Floppy Hat

mbryson's hairdresser
I could be wrong, but I understood that the purpose of the gate was to force people to pass by the BLM booth and pay the Sand Flats fee before they played around on Dump Bump. By doing so, I think the county and BLM were hoping to reduce the number of people who congregate there, especially this time of the year.

George

Here is the deal. The land is actually privately owned (or leased). Met the guy last year during EJS. The reason the fencing was so they could close it after dark. They also wanted it to be controlled because of all the drinking going on leading to stupidity. The owner said he did not want to close it but worked out the arrangement as it is. He had told me they (local police) had wanted it close all together.

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
Originally posted by George
Here is the deal. The land is actually privately owned (or leased). Met the guy last year during EJS. The reason the fencing was so they could close it after dark. They also wanted it to be controlled because of all the drinking going on leading to stupidity. The owner said he did not want to close it but worked out the arrangement as it is. He had told me they (local police) had wanted it close all together.

Yep, that's the story I got also.