where to get a transmission flush

kowe69

wannabe
I think trans flushes are available pretty much everywhere from jiffy lube to the dealerships. Just ask if they actually FLUSH the trans or just drain and fill. Drain and fill will only replace aprox 1/4 of the total capacity of the trans. Flushing is still not 100% but it's close. A good shop will also run some chemical cleaners and conditioners with the flush as well. Also replacing the filter is usually not needed. In a good working transmission the filter will never get pluged unless there is a major failure. So flushes where the just fluid is replaced is recommended.

redXJ

Thats what she said
i went to grease monkey... very good for oil changes, but i said oil change and tranny flush.
when i came back they did the oil but not the tranny flush. He said some thing about theirs is for newer cars and that i should go to a transmission shop to get it done. some thing along the line of the chemicals are for newer cars and wouldnt do dammage to an older transmission. I didnt ask questions, i just walked out.

kowe69

wannabe
Sounds like a load of **** to me. Any transmission that has an external cooler can be flushed. Our machine just hooks up inline with the cooler lines. New fluid is then pumped in as old fluid is removed. I don't know of any transmissions that where damaged as a result of our chemicals. As long as regular maintainance has been performed in the past, and the correct fluid is used for the flush it should be fine. I have seen transmissions with alot of mile that have never been flushed have problems afterward. This is because the seals have become hard and brittle and the only thing holding them together it the sludge that builds up around them. Then the chemicals and flush clean that away and then the seals leak and cause the trans to slip.

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
A good reason not to flush your trans. I have had this happen on a Ford Explorer I owned any years ago. The previous owner was quite anal about getting the thing maintenanced. I let it go for a few years but not that many miles and changed the tranny fluid as a precautionary measure. I had all hell break loose with seals cracking and giving away almost IMMEDIATELY! I talked to a friend that has been building transmissions professionally for 30 years and he said it happens all the time. The new chemicals wreck the old transmissions. If the tranny is teetering on the brink(hardened rubber seals, slippage, chattering) a tranny flush WILL NOT HELP!

soda blaster

talk to 5star transmissions they will explane it all in detail basically if you have been getting it flushed since new they are great but if you have not soon as you do kiss it goodbye.