where to go for ribs in the valley?

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
Beans? There's BBQ meat on the line here, and you all are wasting valuable stomach space on beans? I bet you guys eat the coleslaw too.

hedonist

Supporting Member
may sound strange, but Tsunami in Sugarhouse has screamin ribs. Not really traditional, but amazing none the less

airmanwilliams

Prove it :thumbs:

Haha. ill have to have a few of you come over the next time I throw some in my masterbuilt smoker. I like to put yellow mustard and grillmates applewood rub on them the night before, throw in the smoker in the morning for 8 hours with cherry wood, then throw on the bbq with some Kraft Thick N Spicy Brown Sugar bbq sauce for about 15 or so minutes to caramelize it alittle.

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
they were talking about smoking bones on kber today. I enjoy both pats and r and r.

jeep-N-montero

Formerly black_ZJ
Haha. ill have to have a few of you come over the next time I throw some in my masterbuilt smoker. I like to put yellow mustard and grillmates applewood rub on them the night before, throw in the smoker in the morning for 8 hours with cherry wood, then throw on the bbq with some Kraft Thick N Spicy Brown Sugar bbq sauce for about 15 or so minutes to caramelize it alittle.

You don't even make your own sauce?? And that Kraft stuff I wouldn't even feed to a homeless dog, read what's in it and you will see corn syrup and likely Red 40.

jeep-N-montero

Formerly black_ZJ
smokin bones. The owner is rad, he's got the commitment to come in a 3:30am everyday to start smoking. And he's got a beard that makes Kiel's look like Pedro from Napoleon Dynamite.

We will be checking them out over the weekend unless a family sushi thing pops up, but sushi can interrupt my schedule anytime.

airmanwilliams

You don't even make your own sauce?? And that Kraft stuff I wouldn't even feed to a homeless dog, read what's in it and you will see corn syrup and likely Red 40.

Oh come on, that kraft stuff isnt that bad. I also use a sauce my father has made and sold up and down the oregon coast called Trails End(absolute best sauce for ribs, roast, sloppy joes, burgers, and more).

DAA

Supporting Member
So I tried Smoking Bones in Bountiful last night. Ribs were pretty good. Not Pat's or R&R good, but good enough to go back for - and I will. The brisket was just "meh", to me, but my wife thought it was awesome, so, depends on the taste of the taster. I wouldn't order the brisket again for myself though - unless I'm in the mood for pot roast... Will have to try some of their other items in the future. Ribs are solid though.

- DAA

frieed

Jeepless in Draper
Supporting Member
I have a clone recipe for Rudy's sause (their spelling not mine) that I just love. Very little sugar and lots of black pepper.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
Has Pat's not run out of burnt ends before? I used to have to get there by noon to have a decent chance of getting some. I went there the other night for dinner (7:30) and they were out of meatloaf and brisket. Kind of a disappointment.

Jay5.9L

...I just filled the cup.
That's why I get there before 11:30. Last time we sat down the waitress said "if your here for the special order now because we are almost out".