Who has used FMF Gnarly Torque pipe?

Caleb

Because I honestly think that for the type of trail riding he does he would find it much more enjoyable on a 4t that already has that lowend grunt out of the box.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

This was my advice to him before he bought that bike :D so I agree. I also agree with everything else you said. In Trevor's case, he's trying to make a YZ be a trail bike and while I know it can be done, it's not the best platform to start with for that purpose. So I can see why he's trying (or looking to try) lot of different things.

Caleb

EDIT: I forgot how ugly my RM was haha. Black plastics = :rolleyes:

DSC01667.jpg

:rofl: I love the look of black plastics when they're new never used and have a nice graphics kit on them. Once they've been used, they turn ugly pretty quick. :D

jentzschman

This was my advice to him before he bought that bike :D so I agree. I also agree with everything else you said. In Trevor's case, he's trying to make a YZ be a trail bike and while I know it can be done, it's not the best platform to start with for that purpose. So I can see why he's trying (or looking to try) lot of different things.

Agreed. It's not the best type of bike for trail riding for sure. However, it was cheap (even with the rebuild I am still in it cheaper then buying a KTM which was the only other bike I was considering)

With mods, this bike can be an amazing trail bike and even more so, with seat time I will be able to ride it better and with more confidence.

I know 4t's are great bikes with smooth, consistent, and predictable power. However, I like the simplicity of 2t's. If the motor blew up on me like it did with my 2t, it probably would have been double the cost to rebuild. With so many parts, there was no telling what else could have been damaged. I also could be way off. Maybe a crank bearing going out on a 4t would not have caused more damage. But from the research I did, it is a higher probability that it could have.

Plus, I like tweaking and learning. This is why I have replaced and changed many things on the bike. This aspect is always part of any hobby or interest IMHO. It's just part of the game.

jentzschman

I had the gnarly on my Old 2004 CR250 and I loved it for all around riding, Although I had aftermarket reeds and other go fast goodies to make up for the power it robbed me on the top end

Other then reeds, what other go fast goodies are available? (other then porting/head work/big bore kit which is pricey stuff)

my 2006 rm250 loved it, it made a good woods bike even better

What specifically made it a better?

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
I have a slightly used gnarly I will give away. You might need to modify your silencer to make it fit.

92B59FDF-0292-49A0-B346-A639AC849C99-366-000000BDAFBF6B83_zps5abba2d7.jpg

6FD4634F-D05B-4EC9-89FD-F6AC45671FF3-366-000000BDB83D29EE_zps97bb111a.jpg

751744A0-C8A3-47E8-AA59-6352F303C9F6-366-000000BD9A146BDB_zps04de836e.jpg

D6027242-667F-48D3-94DF-D63A67304D02-366-000000BD8FB492D1_zpse35970a5.jpg

you might want to re-route your vent hoses.

574EB3C1-268C-4D42-A367-980D1B4DC3A2-366-000000BDA8C5DABA_zpsc86f9d40.jpg

Caleb

Agreed. It's not the best type of bike for trail riding for sure. However, it was cheap (even with the rebuild I am still in it cheaper then buying a KTM which was the only other bike I was considering)

With mods, this bike can be an amazing trail bike and even more so, with seat time I will be able to ride it better and with more confidence.

I know 4t's are great bikes with smooth, consistent, and predictable power. However, I like the simplicity of 2t's. If the motor blew up on me like it did with my 2t, it probably would have been double the cost to rebuild. With so many parts, there was no telling what else could have been damaged. I also could be way off. Maybe a crank bearing going out on a 4t would not have caused more damage. But from the research I did, it is a higher probability that it could have.

Plus, I like tweaking and learning. This is why I have replaced and changed many things on the bike. This aspect is always part of any hobby or interest IMHO. It's just part of the game.

The only thing I'd disagree with is that bike being an amazing woods bike :p I'm sure it can be made to be a good woods bike, but I think "amazing" is stretching it. I understand that spending $5k-$10K on a bike is not in everyone's plans, and the bike you chose fits what you wanted to spend on it. FWIW, rebuilding a 4T like you have done on yours is going to be WAY more than double...probably atleast 4xs as much. :)

jentzschman

The only thing I'd disagree with is that bike being an amazing woods bike :p I'm sure it can be made to be a good woods bike, but I think "amazing" is stretching it. I understand that spending $5k-$10K on a bike is not in everyone's plans, and the bike you chose fits what you wanted to spend on it. FWIW, rebuilding a 4T like you have done on yours is going to be WAY more than double...probably atleast 4xs as much. :)

Ok not amazing lol

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk 2