Who is coming to OSRC in May?

blznnp

Just out of curiosity and to help sell it to the wife. What is there to do out there with kids? anything? Other than watch OSRC of course.

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
Just out of curiosity and to help sell it to the wife. What is there to do out there with kids? anything? Other than watch OSRC of course.

My wife also asked me "what's there to do in Delta?" And I said "besides OSRC, I dunno..."

N-Smooth

I've never competed myself so I don't want her to have all the fun. Plus, I'd have to spot her with my son in a baby carrier lol

wheelewagon

My wife also asked me "what's there to do in Delta?" And I said "besides OSRC, I dunno..."

Is it possible to be doing anything else at that time? I thought everything else stopped for OSRC... There are some rock beds and hot pots around there. Other then that, not much.

N-Smooth

I've never been there so I know nothing about the place. It's our anniversary that Friday so I need to find something for her to do and be happy...

blznnp

I've never been there so I know nothing about the place. It's our anniversary that Friday so I need to find something for her to do and be happy...
That could be a tough one to sell with it being your anniversary, at least if it was my wife. I was thinking of renting a travel trailer to take down there, told her it would be a great chance for us to rent one and see if we like it, but she asked me what was going on down there at that time (she sensed an alterer motive). Hard part will be keeping the four boys all happy....and the wife of course.

N-Smooth

She already agreed to going but is depending on me to find something to entertain her and our kiddo. She could of course change her mind (women, right?) but I'm counting on going

wheelewagon

She already agreed to going but is depending on me to find something to entertain her and our kiddo. She could of course change her mind (women, right?) but I'm counting on going

Wives... They're the worst lol. I really can't think of much to do down there though. There's an ice cream burger joint down there. Or if she's willing to drive A little while, they could go to the hot pots or up to little sahara.

skippy

Pretend Fabricator
Both days at OSRC are from morning til night its kind of alot of time for her to just go do something by herself to stay busy, If she cant get onboard with just hanging out all day and watching the comp then I dont think she will have much fun. There alot of other wives going so make sure you tell her that it wont just be a bunch of guys.

You will be on each course for around 7-10 minutes then you are free for a while to go chill with her you are in the car for less than hour throughout the entire day

wheelewagon

Both days at OSRC are from morning til night its kind of alot of time for her to just go do something by herself to stay busy, If she cant get onboard with just hanging out all day and watching the comp then I dont think she will have much fun. There alot of other wives going so make sure you tell her that it wont just be a bunch of guys.

You will be on each course for around 7-10 minutes then you are free for a while to go chill with her you are in the car for less than hour throughout the entire day

Agreed

benjy

Rarely wrenches
Supporting Member
Registered! Kami will be driving again, so excited!!!

Here's my favorite OSRC moment for a little motivation:

OSRC2-1.jpg

I wasn't able to pay through paypal, it looks like it was because the event was still the 2013 event, and it said I had already paid for it??? I can mail a check if I need to.

blznnp

my problem would be finding something to do for my wife, but then I know she wouldn't want to head down wherever with the kids, even if it was two of them. Can't wait till my boys are older

N-Smooth

my problem would be finding something to do for my wife, but then I know she wouldn't want to head down wherever with the kids, even if it was two of them. Can't wait till my boys are older

She actually really wants to see OSRC and what it's about. It's weird. We discussed heading to Sand Hollow after everything is done as well. Not sure if that'll happen or not

BCGPER

Starting Another Thread
For those who haven't been, it's not "roughing it" like a normal rock crawl. Millard county has built a world class area with restrooms, bleachers to sit on, vendors to visit and so on. There's plenty going on to keep everyone entertained. My entire family has been going since day one, and look forward to it every year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

leemastergt

For those interested in the rock crawl will we be required to sign up for both the crawl and the cross? The cross doesn't interest me so much after I saw that youtube video of a couple rigs smashing into each other...

BCGPER

Starting Another Thread
You can sit out any part of the weekend, it just hurts your chances at the over all event win. You can still win the rockcrawl portion without participating in the other events.