Wild enduro lighting mission/quest (calling the electrical gurus)

jentzschman

It has it's down sides. Like if your camping for more then a day and don't have a way to charge the batterie well your not going to be doing much night riding after the first day. The big plus for me is cost. I can still do some night rides without the large expense. If I was going street legal I would look into a stator but IMO the yz is just not a street bike. The drz tags expire at the end of this mouth and with the new bike I have been thinking about playing it but who knows I will most likely just renew online and not spend the time and money to plate it also.

You make some valid points. I was doing some research on those batteries and some are saying they are not safe to use a regular wall charger. They could potentially blow up or over heat and cause a melt down = fire. They need one of those smart chargers.

Not sure how true this is. Hopefully those with more electrical knowledge could chime in.

D

Deleted member 12904

You make some valid points. I was doing some research on those batteries and some are saying they are not safe to use a regular wall charger. They could potentially blow up or over heat and cause a melt down = fire. They need one of those smart chargers.

Not sure how true this is. Hopefully those with more electrical knowledge could chime in.
Mine has an overcharge circuit built in. I had it plugged in for over a day and it wasn't even warm to the touch. It also has an on off switch built into the battery.

Caleb

That's the nature of lipo batteries. Yes, if overcharged, they can explode or catch fire. You can also have problems if you discharge them too far. This is why you have safeties built-in to RC cars that use lipo batteries.