WILL A RUBI JK AXLE BOLT IN MY TJ

Jeeperman

A.K.A. Eugene
Thanks, Ive Decided To Just Buy Some Alloy Shafts. I Think Thats All I Need For Know.i Dont Realy Want To Buy 456s And An Arb Again. And Hey I Like Caps Lock. Thanks Everyone, See You On The Trail.:d

good call...I wouldn't want to have to buy 456's and an ARB again, either :)

Badger

I am the Brute squad
I smell irony....Badger and Badcop on the same post, making blanket statements relative to breaking stuff.
I've seen folks break D44 and D60 components too..... more relevent questions would be, what size tires do you run? What motor/tranny? Heavy right foot or more finesse driving style? Blonde or brunette? Taste great or less filling?

Seems like adding a truss and some gussets would be a simple fix over a complete axle swap out, especially if you already had money invested in gears, lockers, alloy shafts, etc.

Reread what he wants to do.He is wanting to do a swap anyway.He wants to stick a JK axle in a TJ.As far as I see it ,its still a weaker 44 .Yes you get bigger brakes then the 30,bigger ring gear,and a new style of unit bearing.You will still have to deal with a new lug pattern.Still have to cut the spring pads off and move them in.Weaker wall tubing,weaker knuckles,more expensive parts to fix. the list goes on.

If you can find a deal on the right axle and rebuild most of it yourself its not the expensive.If you are looking for something to just bolt in then you are looking at spending a good $3,000 on it.

I can see the appeal of a JK axle swap.for something like $2,000 you can go to a dealership and buy a Rubi axle with locker and its partially bolt in.I'm just one to have as much as I can.So for same price or possible a grand more(depending on how much he would be willing to do himself) you can have a better tubes,alloys,serviceable bearings,actual locking hubs,and depending on parts used even bigger brakes then the JK 44.

Last edited: