Willard Bay Day out

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
FYI that is some of the saltiest mud you can possibly drive through. It is going to destroy your truck is you don't get it cleaned off thoroughly. If you stay on the road that goes around Willard Bay you are within commonly understood mudding territory but if you stray off into the mud flats you could be in for a HUGE fine if the DNR guys catch you where you shouldn't be. The bird refuge is a no go!

skiboarder

SkiBoarder
FYI that is some of the saltiest mud you can possibly drive through. It is going to destroy your truck is you don't get it cleaned off thoroughly. If you stay on the road that goes around Willard Bay you are within commonly understood mudding territory but if you stray off into the mud flats you could be in for a HUGE fine if the DNR guys catch you where you shouldn't be. The bird refuge is a no go!
Yep I have been out there a couple of times. In that area you can see were they drug up the dirt (slop) to make the dyke. I was told by a DNR guy "DO NOT STRAY OFF THIS PATH." yes sir. and moved on. It is salty mud that will eat your truck slowly. Not as bad as a large rock and a poorly planned line will though. Don't ask.

Zac001

I didn't go out in the flats!!! I did get stuck in that clay turning around it sunk me down pretty good

Zac001

We should post a thread in the upcoming trips section with a poll vote for what date is best for people!

Also some what new. Where about in williard is ok to go off roading. By the end of the day I don't want my truck to be white. But I want to make sure it's in the right area. Don't want to be the jerk and break the law for everyone.

user

Never been to Willard bay but I do love mud myself. I would suggest baccus take 3500 south straight to 8400 west and head south to about 6200 south and you will see it on the left hand side. ( its in west valley/magna by the way )There are actually a fair amount of trails out there nothing serious but they got a few deep mudholes. Not like those water holes you guys were in these ones will have you slinging mud. I been out there a couple times after it rains good and it gets deep enough you can sink that red gmc so I would be careful hitting them full throttle you might run into a surprise lol :)