Windpocalypse

ChestonScout

opinions are like Jeeps..
from my travels today Farmington seems like it was hit the worst. Destruction everywhere. I bet more than half the trees at Oakridge country club are down, apartment complex getting framed collapsed, semis on their sides. Looks like everything in the path of Farmington canyon might as well got hit by a tornado.

I hope everyone is ok.

I saw DEVIL with his big rig tow truck trying to upright a semi.

I got to the house I am working on and the power was out so I came home.

Chevycrew

Looks like the dump exploded here. It was garbage and recycling day, combined with the wind its a huge mess. No damage to my stuff that I've noticed. All the trash and leaves just blew past. Power is back on as well.

gijohn40

too poor to wheel... :(
I live in farmington and we got clobbered... my swamp cooler is missing all the sides to it and the cover that I had tied down good and tight... the gutters are all missing and the fences are all down... my company van (e350) was rocking back and forth... the neighbors all have no fences either... lots of trees down as well.. this morning I watched two semis roll over on the frontage road with a third already rolled this morning when I got up... we have no power and from all the trees that are laying on power lines I would guess the 48 hours they quoted me is going to be about right...

I have a company generator set up and powering mine and the neighbors house (got to keep their baby warm) but my guess is that some a$$hat will complain about the noise and have us shut it off around 10pm...

My house was rocking back and forth from the 103 mph winds they said we encountered today... I had things falling off shelves and walls... I honestly though the house was going to fall off the foundation this morning...

on top of this my son ran my truck almost out of gas and I had to drive all the way to salt lake (with it below empty hoping that it would make it) just to find a station that was open to get fuel.... I have 15 gallons of fuel locked up by the gen set... so I'm good to go for a few days....

Thank verizon for my wireless card or I would be bored to death cause the tv dish and internet dish (digis) are both on the ground...

JL Rockies

Binders Fulla Expo
There were 7 landfall hurricanes in FL during the 2005 season including Katrina before she was cool. My place in Ft Lauderdale has steel shutters which double as defense in the zombie apocalypse. FL is gangster.

Marsh99

Lover of all things Toyota
I was at Weber State this morning study up, and writing papers for Finals. The room I was sitting in window blew in!!! It was by far the coolest thing I have seen in a long time. The window happened to grab my attention when I heard it crack. then not even a second later, " Classic Glass Shatter Noise". Weber State then was shut down around 10 a.m. because I guess there was multiple buildings, with multiple windows that had blown in. Bottom line it made my day.

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
Notice how almost all of those trees have shallow roots? This is mostly caused by over-watering that doesn't allow the roots to dig deeper for moisture and hold them in the ground.

Actually, most piney type trees don't grow deep roots. They grow shallow and wide, and are meant to intertwine with other piney-type trees... every storm, we'd be out chopping up uprooted pines and split cottonwoods.

rholbrook

Just got power 30 minutes ago thanks to Lehi City Power coming to Kaysville to help put the two new power poles up. Apparently Oakridge lost 290 trees. Davis Park looks similar. I am the only one in my neighborhood without any damage. I was hoping i could save some money and have a trampoline show up in my yard but no such luck.

Kaysville lost a lot of really nice trees. Shame, we have a house near by missing some sheeting on their roof.

jeep-N-montero

Formerly black_ZJ
Our power came on at 8:04 tonight. It was kind of fun making dinner in the candlelight and we had stuff ready to camp out in the living room with all the other doors closed, but it was down to 56 degrees in the house and my wife was cold so we are glad to have the heat back on.

Venture13

Bet there will be slim pickings for fencing and shingles at Lowes. I would rather get the roof fixed before the homeowners insurance gets to it. Something about bare plywood and an open ridge vent. I have yet to experience any good things about being a homeowner..