Wolverine sighting

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
https://www.ksl.com/?sid=30554173&nid=148&fm=most_popular&s_cid=popular-1

SUMMIT COUNTY — For the first time in 30 years, a wolverine was spotted in Utah.
A camera set up in the Uinta Mountains caught 27 images of the wolverine in February, the Utah Division of Wildlife Resources announced Wednesday. The trail camera was installed in January and retrieved during the spring.
The images are the first time a wolverine has been caught on camera in Utah, according to the DWR. The last confirmed time a wolverine was found in Utah was in 1979 when a wolverine carcass was located.

Wolverines are rad.

Caleb

I'm okay with Michigan fans but the game on Sept 20 is not a home game for the Utes. Do you think they could be scouting the Utes? :rofl:

I thought he was going to say something about the Marvel Comic Wolverine. :D I was going to say, I saw Gandalf in Downtown San Francisco a couple months back :p

gandalf.jpg

Related to the actual thread though, this is pretty cool. It's always good to see new species to the area popping up.

Last edited:
Super cool!

They've been positively identified in Tollgate before, but not photographed. I saw something similar last fall/winter up there. Not sure what it was, I just know what it wasn't (cougar, wolf, bobcat, coyote, etc).

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
Super cool!

They've been positively identified in Tollgate before, but not photographed. I saw something similar last fall/winter up there. Not sure what it was, I just know what it wasn't (cougar, wolf, bobcat, coyote, etc).

A couple years ago I caught a glimpse of something biggish, moving like a marten, up in Murdoch Basin. I didn't think wolverine at the time, and that area is populated enough that I doubt it even now, but maybe?

sixstringsteve

from a similar thread on backcountrypost:

wolverine-uintas-jpg.17807