WOMAN PLEADS GUILTY TO DEFACING ROCKS AT 7 NATIONAL PARKS

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
2 years probation and 200 hours of community service. She got off pretty damn easy. Her community service hours should have been directly correlated to the number of man hours required to clean up her messes.

RogueJeepr

Here!
They should make her remove the paintings (at least under professional supervision. So it gets done right) and I don't care how long it takes. Rain, snow, triple didgit temperatures .

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
Why is it that we drive, hike, bike, ect miles out of our way to see rock art from long ago and love it, yet we demand justice for someone who does something similar today?

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Why is it that we drive, hike, bike, ect miles out of our way to see rock art from long ago and love it, yet we demand justice for someone who does something similar today?

Because it's "interesting" and "historic" after 100 years. If it's gang signs or "marking" it's somebody claiming ownership of something they have no right to ownership?

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
So if I was to draw a picture of my family on a rock, would that be okay? I won't claim ownership, nor would I "tag" the rock. I'll use one color and even do stick figures.

Editor's Note: I don't think people should be drawing on rocks today, I just find it interesting that one "old" picture on a rock is awesome and doing the same picture now would be a crime. Anyone know when it did become a crime? Aren't there some "good" ones out there that are less than 100 years old?