WOTR 2015?

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
I wonder what the limit on people is before the blm gets mad and wants you to get a permit. My neighbor said he was in Moab with a bunch of UTV's and they made them split their group cause there were too many of them.

kmboren

Recovering XJ owner anonymous
I wonder what the limit on people is before the blm gets mad and wants you to get a permit. My neighbor said he was in Moab with a bunch of UTV's and they made them split their group cause there were too many of them.

I think if it a group larger than 15 than they require a permit. I may be mistaken though.

kmboren

Recovering XJ owner anonymous
Del Carter, the person who has put on wotr said "nope it is not going to happen". Bummer because I really liked that event to. I do think that another club in this area might pick up the slack and do an event around the same time of year. I will keep you posted on what I hear.

Its been a good event and Del has done a great job with it. Its too bad that he is not doing it anymore. My thanks go to Del and his family and all those that have helped with past events. Maybe some of the forum leaders here should contact him and take it over. I don't believe RME has any large events that they sponsor and this would be a good one to take on if they could work something out.

Last edited:

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
..... Maybe some of the forum leaders here should contact him and take it over. I don't believe RME has any large events that they sponsor and this would be a good one to take on if they could work something out.

As I'm sure Del would let you know, something like this would take a LOT of work. I would think it would take a local presence to pull something of this size off. It would for sure take a crew of local volunteers.

pkrfctr

Lets see if Desert RATS picks it up. They lined up all the trail leads and tailgunners last year anyway. If they can't get the rights to the site and name, who really cares whats it called.

Coco

Well even if U4x4C doesnt do it this year, its got to be in the workings right? :confused: I mean, the Winter On The Rocks page has been updated with a new schedule and dates, someone has to be working on it right? I sure hope it happens! I have been to a couple of the events down there (CF, WOTR) and was never able to take my own vehicle, yet I had a great time everytime I went. I would love to go to the event with the buggy this year, and have a whole new level of fun!

N-Smooth

It is strange that the dates got put up and then a couple days later they announced they're not doing it...

R

rockdog

Ok, this is my official/unofficial invite to RME! We are going to sand hollow state park on Jan. 23rd and 24th. There will only be four rigs in our group! If you cared to join us on these days we would be glad to have you! The breakfast will be served at the local fast food or restaurant of your choice! Bring your own lunch! We are gonna be at the parking lot at 8:30, but you aren't with us, so you could show up whenever. Fun will be had by all! Well Nate?

N-Smooth

Ok, this is my official/unofficial invite to RME! We are going to sand hollow state park on Jan. 23rd and 24th. There will only be four rigs in our group! If you cared to join us on these days we would be glad to have you! The breakfast will be served at the local fast food or restaurant of your choice! Bring your own lunch! We are gonna be at the parking lot at 8:30, but you aren't with us, so you could show up whenever. Fun will be had by all! Well Nate?

I'm planning on it. If anyone else happens to be there at the same time that would be a happy coincidence and we could wheel together ;)
I know my way around down there pretty well and would gladly be an unofficial trail guide or whatever

gatchmo5710

Im local and will be out those dates as well. Willing to guide as well. Maybe need to start a new thread in trip planning??