Would ya believe it? $600 bucks for a stock samurai bumber !!!

Wanker Delux

The Other Greg
Thats right! Some shmuk's insurance company is gona dish out 600 dukets for my stock bumper! I could hardly believe it myself when I saw the estiments!

I guess that does include labor, and some paing for the quarter panel, but like I give a crap about a few scraches, you should see the fist sized dent a tree gave me on behind the rocks...

Either way, I need some ideas on building a rear and front bumper. Pics would be great. I have limited fabrication resources so it is gona have to be pretty simple...

p.s. most of that cash is going towards Tcase gears...

Caleb

Originally posted by spencurai
are they giving you cash? they don't usually do that

actually if you choose to they have to just write you a check...if you choose not to get your vehicle fixed thats your porogative(sp?)...FWIW

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
Originally posted by supergper

actually if you choose to they have to just write you a check...if you choose not to get your vehicle fixed thats your porogative(sp?)...FWIW

I was under the impression that insurance companies were trying to change that practice. maybe maybe not....never had the displeasure of a fender bender payoff opportunity

Caleb

Originally posted by spencurai

I was under the impression that insurance companies were trying to change that practice. maybe maybe not....never had the displeasure of a fender bender payoff opportunity

they may be trying to change it but as of 4 weeks ago it hasn't changed...my wife got rear ended (at St. George UROC)and they cut us a check for the damage...of course we got it fixed but we could have chose not to...

Wanker Delux

The Other Greg
yep, the guy on the phone said to get two quotes and he would send off the check... sweet deal if you ask me...

maby somebody else will hit me, even if I do get another bumper on, I can always swap the old one back when I go to get the quotes ;)

Wanker Delux

The Other Greg
Originally posted by 94rodeo
Sweet deal.. I made a real simple rear bumper. Here is my buddy's site where I got the idea.

[Troy

I think I like the idea oc C channel. Its still plenty sturdy, with about 40% less weight than square tube... I think its time I took a trip down to the metal store...

Coreshot

Resident Thread Killer
If you own the vehicle outright, they have to pay you. If you don't fix it, it's your problem. If there's a lein holder, then they will cut a check with both yours and the body shop's name so you have to get it fixed in order to cash it.

Caleb

Originally posted by Coreshot
If you own the vehicle outright, they have to pay you. If you don't fix it, it's your problem. If there's a lein holder, then they will cut a check with both yours and the body shop's name so you have to get it fixed in order to cash it.

I dont own my car outright and it was made out to me...

Caleb

Originally posted by Coreshot

Maybe it just depends on the insurance and finance companies.:confused:

yeah...I dunno, my most recent was with Allstate and I have also had the same thing through my own insurance (Statefarm)

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
Originally posted by Wanker Delux

I think I like the idea oc C channel. Its still plenty sturdy, with about 40% less weight than square tube... I think its time I took a trip down to the metal store...

yeah sturdy, less weight and UGLY AS HELL!!! nothing makes a rig look more ghetto than a c-channel bumper. Anyone have a picture of a nice looking c-channel bumper.....anyone....

WayneXJ

grocery getter driver
I was rear ended a few months ago and I didn't have the option to take the check. I wish I could have, my bumper had a dent and was pushed up a little. It wasn't anything I couldn't live with. The insurance paid about $600 for a new bumper and labor.

94rodeo

yeah sturdy, less weight and UGLY AS HELL!!! nothing makes a rig look more ghetto than a c-channel bumper. Anyone have a picture of a nice looking c-channel bumper.....anyone....

I think that my bumper looks just fine, a lot better than stock, and it is made to take a beating, how pretty can it be?

Troy

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
Originally posted by 94rodeo

I think that my bumper looks just fine, a lot better than stock, and it is made to take a beating, how pretty can it be?

Troy

I missed your hyperlink when I typed that.....it looks OK....

rockplay

Weld her up!
talk to von "vonski" at Rocklogic he has two sami's over there and can give you some good advice. He could help you design or build it :)