WR450 TPS sensor (2007 WR450f)

jentzschman

I was pulling the carb and I remember reading something about NOT removing the star screw that holds the TPS to the carb. Well, right as I got it loose I remembered and now I am not sure how to "reset" it back to stock. I am pretty sure it is spring tensioned as I heard somethings "unwind" when I got it loose. I was hoping to find a way to get it back to stock now while its out of the bike as there is little to no chance of adjusting it on the bike as the star screw is directly behind the frame.

I am still in the precess of searching the inter webs.

Thanks guys.

Caleb

South Valley does a good job with Yamaha's, if you only have to pay labor, I bet it would be under $100 to just have it set correctly by them. (FWIW, I have zero experience with TPS's on Yamaha's so it may be 100% user serviceable). I'll echo Tonkaman, check Thumpertalk, if it's possible, they'll have the answer.

jentzschman

Thanks guys. I have been on TT as well but wanted to expand my search. It sounds like a lot of riders simply disconnect the plug anyway but at more constant speeds it can cause a few minor issues. It seems no ill affects from those who have commented on disconnecting theirs. I am kind of anal about things like that so I think I will call South Valley and get a price quote on it as well. If its not something I want to pay for guess I will just disconnect it and ride.