XJ Leaf Spring re-arch

So I bought an XJ recently and it had about a 4.5" lift on it. I put a long arm kit and a 2" coil spacer in the front. I was going to do a shackle lift but it was already done. I noticed the rear leaf pack has hardly any arch in them, and am not sure if they are after market or not. I was thinking about going to Best Deal Springs and having them re-arched and maybe put in an add a leaf to equal the front. The front is about 1 maybe 2 inches higher. Any thoughts on having the springs re-arched?

bryson

RME Resident Ninja
Supporting Member
Re-arched springs don't usually last that long... I'd buy a good aftermarket spring. The shackle relocation isn't a bad idea either, but either way (more so with the flatter spring/shackle reloc. setup) an anti-wrap bar is a good thing for you - It'll make your rear springs last 10x longer than without one.

Deweyxj

Invisible, on purpose!
If it already has a 4.5 lift, I would think that the lift would have to be an aftermarket spring on the front & either an aftermarket spring on the rear or a combination of lift block & shackle to get the required lift.

Your shackles are already in question so if you don't have any lift blocks in there you could add them.

If it is a block & shackle setup, then you need to buy new springs with the proper arch, (or close to it) & make up the difference with blocks and/or shackles.