XJ lift 8 inches???

MaGoo

tj flares on xj look half way decent. bud threw 35 crawlers on his xj with the Sky's Extreme long arm kit and wheeled it like a mad man. it was lifted around 8 inches and had Bushwacker fender flares. it did really well and i was rather suprised with its stability. and the long arm kit made it ride like a caddy, smooth at any speed.

Ken

ShaggyHippy said:
well i had a 2000 cherokee also i 10 inch lift i use big eds off road rear spring i loved them very nice ride and a 7.5 rub coil and spacer and rockkawler three link in front and it was crap they (lower arms ) riped my prackets off my axle dont ever get those long arms i think you would be very happy with R E long arm kit it rock well theres my two cents happy wheelin
Same thing happened with my long arm kit from them. Bastards!!! Did you get any compensation, I just did a weld job from hell on the bracket, its all good. I like the skyjacker kit, that sub frame looks like it could help with the frame and what not. Mine has 12inches about 10.5 after sagg, with 36 IROKS. Kicks ass.

mesha

By endurance we conquer
What difference does the lower arms make with the brackets ripping off? Wouldn't that be the fault of the bracket? Whywould that happen with the RK and not the RE? Just wondering.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
mesha said:
What difference does the lower arms make with the brackets ripping off? Wouldn't that be the fault of the bracket? Whywould that happen with the RK and not the RE? Just wondering.

I agree. I ripped my lower brackets off my housing with an RE kit. I don't think that's all of the lift's fault. They're not exactly 'beefy' from Jeep, IMHO.

Ken

True I don't think that jeep ever thought about using those mounts with long arms. Still Rock Krawler should have know about this.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Ken said:
True I don't think that jeep ever thought about using those mounts with long arms. Still Rock Krawler should have know about this.

Mine was an RE 'short arm' kit for whatever that's worth. I used it a little sometimes, though.

MuddinXJ

Soon to be on 38.5" tires
best solution is Rock Krawlers 8" lift. You can get it with either Coil-overs in the rear or just reg springs. Very nice kit. Tons of flex. Very quiet and it rides like a dream.

You are going to want long-arms most definately for that high. 5.5" is where I limit short arms and 6.5" if they have drop brackets. Why do you need 8" though? Gona run 42" tires?

Big-Bear

Brew Master
If he wants to make the lift he has quieter and stronger. Tell him to get rid of the axle craddle and buy some 6" skyjacker upper control arms without the hiems. Then install Currie Johnny joints in the upper and lower control arms. After that he will no longer have any problems with noise or strength. I know beacause this is what I run as well as two of my friends.

Big-Bear

Brew Master
Big-Bear said:
If he wants to make the lift he has quieter and stronger. Tell him to get rid of the axle craddle and buy some 6" skyjacker upper control arms without the hiems. Then install Currie Johnny joints in the upper and lower control arms. After that he will no longer have any problems with noise or strength. I know beacause this is what I run as well as two of my friends.
Well I just reread your post and it sounds like he hasn't bought a lift yet. If thats the case my choice would be the Rubicon Express Long Arm kit. You can order it with 7.5" coils and a 1" block for the back.