XXL down jacket

mesha

By endurance we conquer
Recreation outlet has solstice brand down jackets on sale. Underground pricing is 19.99 for the XXL only. These are decent jackets. Not super amazing, but decent.(especially for 20 bucks)

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
I grabbed one yesterday. They aren't super lofty, and there's no bells and whistles, but for $20 it's almost worth grabbing a couple and robbing the down from one to overstuff the other. If you were planning on wearing a light down layer to bed I think it'd be perfect. No idea how much it weighs, I'm doing my best to resist assimilation by the ultralight geeks. :D

20131221_141032_zps2f6ef809.jpg

Rock Taco

Nice I need to stop by and at least take a look. Did they have a good selection? Im guessing you went to the SLC store?

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
Nice I need to stop by and at least take a look. Did they have a good selection? Im guessing you went to the SLC store?

Yeah, there were several on the shelf in the SLC store. Some are black, some are grey.

what is "underground pricing"?

Need a special hand shake or what??

They aren't labeled with that price, is all. I didn't need to know any secret symbols though, just asked where the 19.99 down jackets were.

ChestonScout

opinions are like Jeeps..
Wife got me one on her way home from work today.

It is pretty thin but being a bigger guy Ive never liked down coats because of the size. This is acceptable and still seems to be very warm.

The sleeves are plenty long which is rare in any coat. Yes I have monkey arms. I wish it was a little longer in the body but not bad.

Im not sure what I will use it for yet. I may just keep it in the truck for an emergency type situation. But for 20 bucks you cant pass it up. I may get a couple more just because. Could stuff into a 72 hour pack pretty easy.

Thanks Mesha!

Rock Taco

So I picked one of these up as well. They were out in American Fork but they still had a few in the SLC location. I was trying to find the weight online but haven't found anything yet.

mesha

By endurance we conquer
Glad they worked out for you.

If you want underground pricing you just have to sign up for the email list.