YFZ450 questions

Hunt

A buddy's neighbor got himself in some trouble (DUI) and needs to liquidate a YFZ450. I was going to go take a look at it and see what he had. Supposably it is a crazy hotrod with a ton of work. Extended a-arms and rear axel, motor work, powder coat, shocks etc.

Anyone have any experience with these? Good and bad to look out for? Do's and don't's?

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
I don't know much about Quads, but that motor (as I understand) is quite similar to the dirtbike engine. Those Yamaha motors have a pretty good reputation, I would imagine the rest of the factory parts are pretty quality as well.

Is it set up as a dunes bike?

Hunt

I just got back form KOH and I have such a case of "Fawk-its". I want out of NY so bad. I am headed to London in a few week. That will be a nice break form Korea.

I think the bike is just wider on longer form what I understand. Low and fat.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
I just got back form KOH and I have such a case of "Fawk-its". I want out of NY so bad. I am headed to London in a few week. That will be a nice break form Korea.

I think the bike is just wider on longer form what I understand. Low and fat.

I could totally understand, especially after such a huge trip out to the desert & KOH, then back to NY. Hope you get the break you need!

Bikes setup makes sense, sounds like it would be fun. I'd much rather ride a dirtbike than a quad, but if the situation is right could possibly flip it and make a few bucks....?

Hunt

I could totally understand, especially after such a huge trip out to the desert & KOH, then back to NY. Hope you get the break you need!

Bikes setup makes sense, sounds like it would be fun. I'd much rather ride a dirtbike than a quad, but if the situation is right could possibly flip it and make a few bucks....?

Flipping it is exactly what I was thinking. I really have no need or want for a 2wd quad. Maybe if I could dune it but... This time of year, if it was 4wd I'd but a small plow on it. I think I will go take a look at it and see just how hard up for cash money the guy is.

KOH was such a different trip this year. Awesome describes it. The previous trips out there were very stressful and a lot of anxiety to get it all done. This year's theme was just roll with it and what happens happens. So much better, much more relaxing, and enjoyable. We pre-ran the entire course in the jeep and had a blast.

jeeper

I live my life 1 dumpster at a time
I've been on a few of those quads, on the sand of course. They are pretty sweet even stock, and when they get work done the can become some serious monsters.

Cascadia

Undecided
I have that quad in an 07 model. I got it as a trade plus cash for my v star at the beginning of winter. The bike is pretty stock other than all high compression parts and it rips. Everything else is stock on it. I've never been to the dunes before. If I don't sell it before the temps warm up I plan on taking it and I think it'd be a blast.