YOUR Most Beautiful offroad trail

Darren

Cody said:
I can't remember the names, but I'll find them out.
They would be Pearl and Schofield Passes.

My favorite is Engineer Pass in the Ouray, CO area.

In Utah, White Rim and Lockhart Basin are at the top of the list. I haven't run Hole in the Rock, but it's definitely on the list to do at some point.

Milner

formerly "rckcrlr"
bubba said:
I like Black Bear Pass in Colorado When you first see Telluride.

Anywhere in that area is amazing! I love Oray.

Salt Creek is one of my favoites too. :(

Oh and the view down into the canyon from the Flat Iron trail....from where you park just after the fun boulder wedge in the wall crossing....

Jones

Pritchett was an amazing trail IMO. Hell's Revenge had some nice scenery, as did Fins N' Things. The pic in my sig is on the road back to the highway from Pritchett.

Attachments

• Picture-110web.jpg
    Picture-110web.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 24
  • Picture-117web.jpg
    Picture-117web.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
I feel so blessed because our family has 2 totally different wheeling seasons. From the middle of September through about now, we go to Moab. My favorites there are Fins and Things, Pritchett, and the top of Poison Spider. Then all summer until the snow flies, we go to Silverton, Colorado and hang out up there. The most beautiful to me are the top of Cinnamon Pass looking down towards Silverton, the Ouray side of Imogene Pass, and the top of Ophir Pass looking down on Telluride.

R

rockdog

Meat_ said:
Here's a couple from last year.

Used to be salimanders 8 to 10 inches long in there in the 70's. Then guys decided to use it for a mud bog track. Killed em all. Pretty place. I about lost my left eye to a handyman jack handle one day while trying to get unstuck on that trail in a snowstorm.

Meat_

Banned
rockdog said:
Used to be salimanders 8 to 10 inches long in there in the 70's. Then guys decided to use it for a mud bog track. Killed em all. Pretty place. I about lost my left eye to a handyman jack handle one day while trying to get unstuck on that trail in a snowstorm.

There's still something swiming around in there :)

iceaxe

Backroad Adventurer
the shafer trail is always a favorite, even by the potash plant.
th_FF04_shaf5.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/xjblue/NAXJA Fall Fling 04/FF04_shaf5.jpg

For a meeting place/ trail head, this one for sure.
th_ICMineralB01.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/xjblue/Intermountain Chapter/ICMineralB01.jpg

RWH

Let's Roll For Justice
DSC01396.jpg

Imogene pass is perty nice, we did it by starting from the telluride, going into ouray, getting a danish at the backery then coming back to telluride via Blackbear. There was abit of snow on IMogene.

Chiksic

Resident Stoner
5DollerShake said:
Imogene pass is perty nice, we did it by starting from the telluride, going into ouray, getting a danish at the backery then coming back to telluride via Blackbear. There was abit of snow on IMogene.
I've always loved that picture. Woohoo for Colorado!