Your Pic of The Day

Brad J

2 layers of 3/4” plywood will do the trick too. That’s typically what the structural engineers will spec for us our under heavy equipment.
When I was getting my RV pad poured I laid down plywood over the sidewalk but was told by the concrete finisher to remove the plywood and it would be fine with just the Blocks on each side. He then had to replace the broken section of sidewalk at the end while the plywood rested against my International Travelette. He also told me not to bother adding rebar as well and now I have almost a 2" difference in height in one section. My 1st section was poured in 8/25/05 and cost $2,295 ($1,350 for 16.5 yards & $944 to finish it ($1 per ft). The second section was a few months later with 14 yards for a little less and this time I rented a pump truck for $250 it seemed. This was a millions years ago though and I would defiantly used a different finisher.

Attachments

• Picture 027.jpg
    Picture 027.jpg
    278 KB · Views: 29
  • Picture 054.jpg
    Picture 054.jpg
    257.8 KB · Views: 29
  • DCP_8948.JPG
    DCP_8948.JPG
    239.7 KB · Views: 29
  • DCP_8956.JPG
    DCP_8956.JPG
    192.2 KB · Views: 30

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
When I was getting my RV pad poured I laid down plywood over the sidewalk but was told by the concrete finisher to remove the plywood and it would be fine with just the Blocks on each side. He then had to replace the broken section of sidewalk at the end while the plywood rested against my International Travelette. He also told me not to bother adding rebar as well and now I have almost a 2" difference in height in one section. My 1st section was poured in 8/25/05 and cost $2,295 ($1,350 for 16.5 yards & $944 to finish it ($1 per ft). The second section was a few months later with 14 yards for a little less and this time I rented a pump truck for $250 it seemed. This was a millions years ago though and I would defiantly used a different finisher.
Yeah I was worried about it so I went out and talked to him and asked him if he was concerned. He said nope, it'll be fine. This simple conversation to me means that he knows I thought he should do something different and by choosing not to he takes the liability and has to replace it if there's an issue.

Shoot I wish concrete was that cheap now. I did a 115' retaining wall, about 3' high and have another 1800 sq ft of flatwork going in... it's $$$ but buy once cry once.

Oh and the city got their piece of the pie, making me pay $266 for a curb cut permit to widen the driveway. I was less than amused.

273876325_1922558201260977_3215382645468991753_n.jpg

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Yeah I was worried about it so I went out and talked to him and asked him if he was concerned. He said nope, it'll be fine. This simple conversation to me means that he knows I thought he should do something different and by choosing not to he takes the liability and has to replace it if there's an issue.

Shoot I wish concrete was that cheap now. I did a 115' retaining wall, about 3' high and have another 1800 sq ft of flatwork going in... it's $$$ but buy once cry once.

Oh and the city got their piece of the pie, making me pay $266 for a curb cut permit to widen the driveway. I was less than amused.

Assuming you're the house on the low side of the wall based on the sidewalk fee. Did your neighbor build their elevation up or did you dig yours down to be flat?

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
Inner C's at the Teraflex axle factory. I wanted to swim in that bin.
I will swim with you.

Assuming you're the house on the low side of the wall based on the sidewalk fee. Did your neighbor build their elevation up or did you dig yours down to be flat?

Yes, low side. The builder did a garbage job at the rock wall because they didn’t want to do one in the first place but I talked to the city and the city made them. So we moved the rocks and will use them on the other side. So yeah, we dug down a pretty significant amount but now some dirt can be added to their yard to make it nice and level.

Coco

Cut the curb, then play dumb if they actually ever ask? 🤷‍♂️