Your Pic of The Day

kmboren

Recovering XJ owner anonymous
So, I decided to change my front diff cover and check the gear oil in it. It was very black and sparkles in it. I found these in the bottom of the diff. Looks like the pinion decided to lose a little of its teeth. Fortunately I have a set of 5.13s sitting in my living room for it.

20240124_154259.jpg

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
So, I decided to change my front diff cover and check the gear oil in it. It was very black and sparkles in it. I found these in the bottom of the diff. Looks like the pinion decided to lose a little of its teeth. Fortunately I have a set of 5.13s sitting in my living room for it.

View attachment 169153
That’s crazy! All you ever do is baby that thing! 😂

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
Needed a visit to the dentist.

IMG_0030.jpeg
We are headed to Anaheim to watch a supercross race. Last night making the climb out of Beaver my turbo started making a horrible sound. I limped it to the rest area and called my friend who owns a roadside service company. Quick little picture of the engine serial number and he was on his way to Salt Lake to pick up a turbo. He left Salt Lake about 11 and headed my way.

We were back on the road by 10 am. He refused to charge me his emergency rate so I gave him a few hundred extra bucks. He saved our trip to A2 and my wife taking our grandson to Disneyland. Great friends are invaluable.

IMG_0028.jpegIMG_0031.jpegIMG_0032.jpeg

Oh yeah…….it was cold also.

02SE

Do videos of the day count?

I was fortunate to spend a few days in the desert with the new LC250 and answer some enthusiast questions.

I'd appreciate if you guys gave it a quick watch and thumbs up.

Having a 5th gen 4Runner, I am seriously considering the GX550 Overtrail, Landcruiser, and 6th gen 4Runner. The GX gets pricey fast from what I've seen online, the Landcruiser 250 is expected to slot in between the GX and the 4Runner price-wise. Any word on the 6th gen 4Runner? I like the roll-down rear window the 4Runner has always had.

Good job on the video.

Last edited:

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Having a 5th gen 4Runner, I am seriously considering the GX550 Overtrail, Landcruiser, and 6th gen 4Runner. The GX gets pricey fast from what I've seen online, the Landcruiser 250 is expected to slot in between the GX and the 4Runner price-wise. Any word on the 6th gen 4Runner? I like the roll-down rear window the 4Runner has always had.

I will watch the video, I just haven't, yet.

I've heard there's one coming and I'll have more information on that to share at a later date. 😄

kmboren

Recovering XJ owner anonymous
I think my local oreilly turns rotors, do they not do that in hurricane?
They said it would put them to close to the reccomended minimal spec by Ford. Even though I tried to explain it was on a vehicle half its weight they did not want to do them. I felt it was out of laziness. What I did worked great for my needs. New softer pads added so hopefully the brakes and cutters are better now.

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
They said it would put them to close to the reccomended minimal spec by Ford. Even though I tried to explain it was on a vehicle half its weight they did not want to do them. I felt it was out of laziness. What I did worked great for my needs. New softer pads added so hopefully the brakes and cutters are better now.
That’s the world we live in. Everyone is so worried about being sued into oblivion, can’t be liable for the last “shop” to touch them if they’re even close to being out of spec.

Unfortunately it’s the presidence that’s been set by the great states of California and New York so now we all get to live in it.