Your Pic of The Day

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
@Thursty If you can, adjust your diet rather than removal. (Only if you can).
My wife and my brother in law have similar gall bladder issues: he chose removal, she chose diet change. He's had unending health issues (mostly gastro) because of the removal; turns out bile is important. She's been healthier eating less greasy foods and other things that have given her gall bladder attacks and stones in the past.

@kmboren I hope you get better fast! That sounds SO painful! Glad you can get some relief.

Tonkaman

@Thursty If you can, adjust your diet rather than removal. (Only if you can).
My wife and my brother in law have similar gall bladder issues: he chose removal, she chose diet change. He's had unending health issues (mostly gastro) because of the removal; turns out bile is important. She's been healthier eating less greasy foods and other things that have given her gall bladder attacks and stones in the past.

@kmboren I hope you get better fast! That sounds SO painful! Glad you can get some relief.
I’ll echo Stratton here. My wife had hers removed 20 years ago, and certain greasy food still makes her curl up in a ball.

@kmboren suprise surgeries suck! Hopefully it doesn’t hold you down for too long.

kmboren

Recovering XJ owner anonymous
Thanks for the well wishes. I didn't know or experience gallbladder issues until last Saturday when it sent me to the ER after vomiting and lots of pain with no relief until I went to the ER Ultrasound showed gallstones. Then a small attack that subsided on Monday. Then a really bad one that started at 10 last night. I tried what I could and nothing touched it. Pain 7-8 out of 10. Puked twice until I finally couldn't take it anymore and went back to the ER @545 am. I puked a 3rd time there. Finally 8 MG of morpine and 15mg of tordol settled it down. Then Surgery around 10. DC ed home@430 pm.

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
Thanks for the well wishes. I didn't know or experience gallbladder issues until last Saturday when it sent me to the ER after vomiting and lots of pain with no relief until I went to the ER Ultrasound showed gallstones. Then a small attack that subsided on Monday. Then a really bad one that started at 10 last night. I tried what I could and nothing touched it. Pain 7-8 out of 10. Puked twice until I finally couldn't take it anymore and went back to the ER @545 am. I puked a 3rd time there. Finally 8 MG of morpine and 15mg of tordol settled it down. Then Surgery around 10. DC ed home@430 pm.
I must be a rare gallbladder removal patient. For about 2 years I dealt with some minor discomfort on my left side and a bloated feeling. GB pain is always on the right and sharp. I was also experiencing heart burn. I didn't have any particular foods that set it off and it wasn't constant. I went to an internal medicine doctor and he ran the normal panel of tests and nothing was out of whack. A couple of years later I went in for a pre op workup and my GGT & AST levels were way out of whack.......10x normal levels.....something that is only seen in severe alcoholics. I enjoy a drink after work a few days a week, but am far from consuming enough alcohol to pickle my liver. I went in for the radioactive dye test and my ejection fraction came back at 0%. I had no stones....my gallbladder had just quit working.

Since having it removed, I rarely get heartburn anymore and even more strange, fatty foods do not cause me any problems. My GGT levels are still above normal, but my AST levels are back to normal

kmboren

Recovering XJ owner anonymous
I must be a rare gallbladder removal patient. For about 2 years I dealt with some minor discomfort on my left side and a bloated feeling. GB pain is always on the right and sharp. I was also experiencing heart burn. I didn't have any particular foods that set it off and it wasn't constant. I went to an internal medicine doctor and he ran the normal panel of tests and nothing was out of whack. A couple of years later I went in for a pre op workup and my GGT & AST levels were way out of whack.......10x normal levels.....something that is only seen in severe alcoholics. I enjoy a drink after work a few days a week, but am far from consuming enough alcohol to pickle my liver. I went in for the radioactive dye test and my ejection fraction came back at 0%. I had no stones....my gallbladder had just quit working.

Since having it removed, I rarely get heartburn anymore and even more strange, fatty foods do not cause me any problems. My GGT levels are still above normal, but my AST levels are back to normal
I have heart burn hear and there but a couple of tums would take care of that. Maybe that was my Gallbladder? I have heard lots of stories that people feel better and still eat a normal diet afterwards without issue like you. That is reassuring and hopeful. After that second attack It was horrible during it. I tried waiting to see if it would get better with the pain medication and mylanta without another ER visit but nothing helped. Glad to have it gone if it was going to keep doing that to me. Some of the worst pain I have ever felt.

moab_cj5

Supporting Member
Last night I had to rescue my tramp from the fence before it took flight again and took out my fence. My neighbor helped me stake it down at 10pm with tent stakes, so we used as many as I had to try and distribute the load as much as possible. It held the rest of the night.

IMG_7670.JPG

This morning my dad called and said his big pine tree came down and opened a hole under the passenger rear tire of his truck, setting the truck on the frame on that side. I went over and winched his truck out (no before pic) so we can clean up the tree tomorrow when the winds stop in Farmington. When the root ball came up it put a nice dent in the bed of his truck. :(

IMG_7669.JPG

Later this morning I will be going to a neighbors house to winch one of their pine trees back up to try and save it. It pulled the root ball up too but it doesn't look like any roots broke so we're hopefull it will survive if we stand it back up. I hope I remember to take pics of that process.