Zion National Park - Kolob Canyon

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
My ole' lady is always talking about angels landing being an awesome hike. We are planning to make the trek sometime this summer.

MOODY

Bald Guy
Kolob is great, though it will be cold in the canyons. The Zion main canyon is sweet, but what is really fun is go up through the tunnel, and find a little turnout. Go hike. There are some amazing little side canyons up there.

The Parowan Gap is worth going to see as well.

If you're really bored, you can go visit my 95 year old grandma ;)

jeeper

DumpStor Owner
We did some hiking in Jan once, some of the trails were closed due to snow/Ice. That was 6 years ago, and I don't know if it is common or if we picked an off year

MOODY

Bald Guy
Yes, lots of trails including Angels Landing is closed in the winter. Some trails require crampons(they want to see them).

An area that is quite neat is called Coal Pits Wash. It requires a backcountry permit but it is a nice hike. Great views of the canyon at sunset.

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
Yeah, we'll be checking with the rangers for sure, and have no plans to do anything that would require crampons/axes/ropes. Mostly I'm wondering if we should plan on renting showshoes or skis before we go :).

Angels Landing is in the main park area to the south, right? I don't know if we're going to go that far.