ZJ windows problem

utahxjer

None of the power windows work... We checked and there is power getting to the motors, but the kid who had it before my bud said they all went out at once?!?

Does anyone have any ideas? Or does anyone know if you can manually roll up and down power windows?

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
this happened to me in my 95 and has happened to others. For me (and the others) the problem was in the drivers door jam. The wires in the boot got pinched and were grounding out causing none of the windows to work. Mine happened within a day of my rig getting broken in to, so the dealer fixed it as part of the insurance coverage.

Cody

utahxjer

Cody said:
this happened to me in my 95 and has happened to others. For me (and the others) the problem was in the drivers door jam. The wires in the boot got pinched and were grounding out causing none of the windows to work. Mine happened within a day of my rig getting broken in to, so the dealer fixed it as part of the insurance coverage.

Cody
would yours work when the door was open? These don't work open or closed. That is the best reply I've gotten on any forum... thanks Cody, we'll check it out asap

95jeepgrndchke

Mine did the same thing i just found the wire in the doorjam and cut it then put a butt connector in and works fine now, Codys wouldnt work becuase the bare wire was grounding out on the metal of the door.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
Mine wouldn't work at all. Pull apart the boot and look around. I bet you'll find a broken wire or two in there. Since the master switch is in the drivers door none of the windows work.

You could probably find some threads in the JU archives from a few years ago. I'm sure it'd be a ***** to find though.

Cody