'09 Rubicon

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
I wonder how fun completing (and spotting) will be with the added pressure to not roll.

Oh it will be plenty fun. I've been on the verge of rolling before. If it happens it happens.

Where are you located.....when in the states

I'm in Clearfield except 6-8 months out of every two years if this current trend continues.

I'll be there to help wrench on your rig.

Somehow I thought you would be Steve, you are a good friend.

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
Ok some updates.

The wife is picking me up a non-electric disco sway bar today. I suppose it's a nice idea to disco with the push of a button but I'd rather make some money off the electric one before it quits. I've been manaully disconnecting anyway since I put in the straight drag link and it doesn't bother me one bit.

Money will be in the bank in the next week so I'll be ordering my 3" Teraflex Long Arm from our wonderful friends from AllJeep.com. I will also be ordering a front adams driveshaft, the rear will need to be done eventually but it will be fine for a while.

Oh and Skippy will be taking possesion of my Jeep when the suspension gets in and he and Mesha will have it installed for me when I get home from this horrid country. This will give me more time to spend with the family when I get home so the wife really appreciates it and it will also give me more time to do some shock placement and bumpstop tuning to maximize my travel as much as possible and get the most I can out of the long arm setup.

I'll have some left over money once all this is said and done for some other small things just not sure how much and what yet.

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
Thanks, maybe if you hold out long enough they will actually come out with the diesel they are talking about for 2015.

With IFS

Which is why I stopped chasing the dragon and pulled the trigger, especially since they are supposed to be putting the 8 speed in it next year which sounds like more problems than its worth to me.

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
With IFS

Which is why I stopped chasing the dragon and pulled the trigger, especially since they are supposed to be putting the 8 speed in it next year which sounds like more problems than its worth to me.

That's what I posted on the Teraflex Facebook post about the diesel, we'll get our diesel and lose our solid axle at the same time.

sixstringsteve

Jeep would be insane to lose the solid axle. Look at how well the JK is selling. Sounds like the bean-counters are making decisions again...

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
Jeep would be insane to lose the solid axle. Look at how well the JK is selling. Sounds like the bean-counters are making decisions again...

The IFS is just us speculating. Seems they never want to give us what they want and it just seems right to guess that as soon as they do they will ruin the entire package.

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member

It's not something Jeep i'm sure wants to do, it will likely happen more because of the pending minimum MPG standards, and the need for more aerodynamic vehicle

But this is for another thread not Brian's build thread :D

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
Are you going to stick with 35's after the lift?

I will until they wear out or I can save up for gears, wheels and tires. I know my next set of tires are probably going to be some Maxxis Trepador 37's with some black steel wheels and 4.88's. That package will cost a pretty chunk of change.

BCGPER

Starting Another Thread
You don't want 4.88's, trust me. Hit me up at Old school, and you can take mine with 5.38's out for a spin and I'll bet you agree.

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
You don't want 4.88's, trust me. Hit me up at Old school, and you can take mine with 5.38's out for a spin and I'll bet you agree.

I've got the 6 speed though and I'm almost perfectly content with the 4.10's, 4.56's would be perfect with 35's. 5.38's would shoot my highway RPM crazy high.

BCGPER

Starting Another Thread
It wont. I'm at 2700ish rpm at 75 mph. If anything, I wish I was lower. Like you, I went from 4.10's and 35's to 37's and 5.38's. Zero change in the mileage, it'll always be kinda crappy, HUGE increase in performance though.

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
Well then I'll have to take you up on that spin. It's a Jeep, I didn't buy it for the amazing fuel economy but I did squeeze out 19mpg on the way back from HITR pretty sure I had a tail wind though, pretty sure this thing will always get better mileage than my TJ did.

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
I guess you are correct BCGPER I must have remembered this chart wrong.
3851963766_07f4f380cb_b.jpg