Cant seem to find one online and I need it to get my truck back on the road
CAM00176_zpsb0078bec.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
CAM00177_zps39766125.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
:facepalm:

What transmission is in it? What size is the shaft? etc etc. We're pretty good here, but we're not mind-readers. That MAY take the same yoke as an SM465, for instance. Or an NP205 transfer case. What looks like the speedo drive gear is going to be problematic there if you need to keep that. Your lack of pictures is really not helping anyone help you.

Not for nothing, but I doubt anyone would have ever guessed you were asking about a yoke for a 1951 Chevy.

mighty midjet

Sorry about the lack of info. I figured every one one take one look at the picts and go nope. The speedo is nice but I don't need to keep it. I'll take measurement of the shaft as soon as I can. I'm pretty sure the tranny is a SM420

Last edited:

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
Ok, now we're getting somewhere. IF that shaft is the same diameter and IF the speedo gear won't mess it up you might get away with a GM 10-spl yoke for some other application, and you should be able to find a seal that will work. Nearly all modern yokes seal against the OD of the yoke, which is why the speedo gear might be a problem.

edit: To be clear-- the seal rides on a turned portion of the yoke's OD.

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
This is why pictures tell a better story than "writing". I have no IDEA what your transmission looks like. Modern yokes generally have sealing surfaces. Hence, pictures would help SO MUCH.

mighty midjet

Here is a couple picts of the output on the tranny and the torque tube the yoke is inclosed in
CAM00196_zps0c9e7546.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
CAM00190_zpsd05ba950.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
CAM00189_zps00a38be0.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
CAM00187_zpsb4a6402e.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
CAM00186_zpsbb831ded.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
CAM00182_zpseb230f73.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
CAM00181_zps0e8822fe.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:

STAG

On my grind
What is the likely-hood of having it "rebuilt"... Adding steel with a MIG welder and "hardfacing wire" on the areas that are beat up, and then remachined/milled flat and holes redrilled/tapped.

flexyfool

GDW
Or, weld the old good splines section to the new good ears section of any old yoke that matches the U-joint. Just need some lathe work and a magician with TIG. Machine shops do this kind of stuff all the time for farm equipment. There's like 100 years of oddball PTO equipment that people need to keep running.