12-8 or 12-9 Big pole

timpanogos

Push to the Peak
12-8 or 12-9 Big pole(actually Center Creek)

Ok snow-wheelers ... lets see how far up Heber mountain we can get.

Big pole canyon .. turns north off of the Lake Creek road about 3 miles up from main street.

Who's interested in saturday or sunday (based on weather and interest)

Last edited:

fattodog

frame cracks= More flex!!
This could be fun! Where is this elusive place? I could use a good under-jeep cleaning and I can't think of a better way to do it than with pristine Utah snow! Sunday sounds good...

KENNETH !!

Sumo

Xykon: Order of the Stick
That's no fair, Timp. Us SLC guys may have to do some snow wheeling with the tow rigs just to GET to Heber!

And you remember, I'm from Las Vegas... so yeah, I've got a lot of experience drivin' on ice! :p

So if I survive the trip up 80, I'll see you there!

timpanogos

Push to the Peak
you have a free seat this trip timp?

If jeep is running yes on free seat (sounds like sunday is the day) ... otherwise I will be hunting a free seat.

I took the jeep and headed up to Big pole after work to get a feel of the trailer parking and snow ... jeep was running fine for about 15 minutes at 45mph up the paved road ... then it started surging power from none to normal. Thumbed back home and by the time I get back up there with the truck - it starts right up, and drove it home fine. I'm going to have to play with it a big more this week and see what is up.

timpanogos

Push to the Peak
I did find out the following:

Unfortunately, Big pole has been overtaken by private property owners who have built very expensive homes all the way to the ridge line. It has been years since I have been up there … what a shame … bummer cause it was a cool trail.

Not to worry however … we just move to the other side of the canyon and do what is called Center Creek. It will all be legal where Big Pole can no longer be done legally.

T.T.

If jeep is running yes on free seat (sounds like sunday is the day) ... otherwise I will be hunting a free seat.

I took the jeep and headed up to Big pole after work to get a feel of the trailer parking and snow ... jeep was running fine for about 15 minutes at 45mph up the paved road ... then it started surging power from none to normal. Thumbed back home and by the time I get back up there with the truck - it starts right up, and drove it home fine. I'm going to have to play with it a big more this week and see what is up.

This sounds like a fuel filter? Did the same thing on my injection, had a bunch of crap in the tank and had to put a second filter before the pump.

Sunday is good for me, 11:00 works as well. Just tell us were to meet and a good place to park trailers hopefully

fattodog

frame cracks= More flex!!
I'm out. Apparently this guy named Santa is gonna make a cameo and it's all about the two year old this year.
Post good pics of the trip!

KENNETH !!

Sumo

Xykon: Order of the Stick
Center Creek trail appears to get up to around 9800 ft! Think there'll be enough snow for us? heh heh heh ;)