1967 "SS" 396 El Camino - Demoncamino

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
This is a bit outside my comfort zone…..I hate electrical and have never taken the time to fully understand how everything works. Fortunately in all my years of working on our race bikes I have never had any electrical issues I couldn’t easily troubleshoot.

No better time to learn the basics than on a simple wiring upgrade.

IMG_0041.jpeg

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
Timing is everything. I got the 2 post lift installed this weekend and my slave labor electricians (son & son in law) ran all the power. Cleaned and organized the shop a little
IMG_0345.jpeg

And today I got an email from OPG that a couple of the final parts that I have been waiting 9 months on are finally in stock.
IMG_0346.jpeg
I started to get the harness sorted out tonight, but over the next couple of weeks I I’m going to get the underside prepped and sprayed with Raptor liner and the body back on the frame.

Also, while removing all the interior to work on wiring, I think it is safe to say that some critters have lived in this car. All these shells came out from behind the hard cover on the back of the passenger seat.

IMG_0343.jpeg

1969honda

Supporting Member
I'm curious, have you looked into the gravitex coating? When we were doing my son's TJ, it was recommended for coating the undercarriage and inner fenders over the Raptor liner. It's supposed to be more forgiving to chips and impacts, and act similar to a factory undercoating.

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
I'm curious, have you looked into the gravitex coating? When we were doing my son's TJ, it was recommended for coating the undercarriage and inner fenders over the Raptor liner. It's supposed to be more forgiving to chips and impacts, and act similar to a factory undercoating.
I have not looked into that. This is not a car that is going to see more than a few thousand miles a year, so the durability over time is not a major concern.