1999 Dodge dakota

Jeep80CJ7

This is going to be my tow rig. I bought it because it has had a solid axle conversion from an 89 3/4ton dodge ram i believe. I want my tow rig to be good enough to be able to take almost anywhere my jeep will be going just in case it is the only vehicle available to pull me out of places I shouldn't have gone.

IMG_4184.jpg

IMG_4185.jpg

Some things that need fixed on it.

Steering gear.
rear spider gears need replaced.
rear axle bearings need replaced.
brakes all around and then it should be a great running dakota.

CJ Matt

I had a 97 with the 5.2 and a lot of performance mods done to that I towed my Jeep with and I finally got rid of it for a fullsize. The Dakata towed ok but with a Jeep on a trailer you are at or above the max weight for towing. It was hard on the truck and you will need a break controller to stop in any decent distance.

Jeep80CJ7

Oh. well that is some great news. Thanks for raising my confidence in my truck. no im jk. Thanks for the info. I will see how it does for now though.

Jeep80CJ7

hmmmm. So you know one of the guys at Rock Logic. Cause the guy I bought the truck from didn't build it, he payed for it to be built. difference.

Jeep80CJ7

well i'm finally getting rid of the piece of **** c-clip chrysler 8.25 and i'm going to put a shitty c-clip chrysler 9.25 instead. at least it's stronger. it is cheaper than paying to rebuild the 8.25 too. should be straight bolt in. just have too make my own shock mounts on the axle tubing.

tv_larsen

How much are you planning on towing?

it has had a solid axle conversion from an 89 3/4ton dodge ram i believe.

As you've probably already realized, those are 1/2 ton axles.

If you need another 8.25" I have an '88 with the larger 5x5.5" bolt pattern I'll sell cheap. But if you're going to tow the 9.25" is much better.