Report 5 Miles of Hell!!

jentzschman

I had to remember that in the beginning of the vid you posted who was riding what... I kept hearing a 4T like sound and kept getting confused... LOL

Great ridding btw you guys. I hope to get better at riding technical so it's not so much of a hang up/intimidation factor for me.

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
Looks like there has been an alternate line built to the Crux. The original line is the one that is to the right when you are sitting at the bottom looking up. It makes the current line look like a walk in the park.

1\4elliptic toy

shenanigans!
Did you guys ride it out and back or just one way? We normally ride it both ways, after I put in my autoclutch it made it much more enjoyable. Good vids, but it doesn't really show how technical it is. I hope to get out that way again this year!

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Man I thought I was going good when I only laid my bike down on hells revenge 1 time

great vid and great riding makes me wanta get better

Thanks James! I've been riding on & off most of my life and finally feel capable of tacking something this hard... it wasn't that bad, but it has the potential to be!

This means you are ready to ride it under a full moon the first weekend in November.

Nah! :p

I had to remember that in the beginning of the vid you posted who was riding what... I kept hearing a 4T like sound and kept getting confused... LOL

Great ridding btw you guys. I hope to get better at riding technical so it's not so much of a hang up/intimidation factor for me.

Hahaa! Von was usually either right in front of me or behind me.

I need to stand up more while riding the rough stuff, but my back was giving me problems thru the trail, so I rode much of it sitting down. I don't know that 5MOH is 'that' difficult, it's just relentless... you're in 1st gear 90% of the time. I didn't get into 3rd until we were right at the end of the trail, where it opens up again.

Looks like there has been an alternate line built to the Crux. The original line is the one that is to the right when you are sitting at the bottom looking up. It makes the current line look like a walk in the park.

I didn't even realize the line on the right was the official route up! The left side looked pretty well used and did look easier. I think I could ride the left, given another try. The right? Ehhh, not so much.

Awesome :cool: Brings back memories.

I was thinking about your ride report on the way in, trying to remember how rough it was for you guys. :D

Did you guys ride it out and back or just one way? We normally ride it both ways, after I put in my autoclutch it made it much more enjoyable. Good vids, but it doesn't really show how technical it is. I hope to get out that way again this year!

We talked about it, but I think both Von and I were good with one way. Sam has run it both ways in the past and he was up for it.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Had to go back and re-watch both those vids... what a great time! Hopefully we can get back there soon, I want to ride 5MOH again!

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
A friend and I were just discussing 5MOH over the weekend. I want to ride that one again as well too much fun!

(Okay... Maybe fun was too strong of a word LOL)

Vonski

nothing to see here...
Had to go back and re-watch both those vids... what a great time! Hopefully we can get back there soon, I want to ride 5MOH again!

I'm ready to go back! I'll probably throw on my new wheelset w/ trials tire, but a gearing change is what I'm looking forward to the most the second time around.

Vonski

nothing to see here...
If you guys aren't sick of videos from this trip, I forgot to add my (amateur-ish) edit I posted on FB.

[video=youtube;WrfyYq7At48]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrfyYq7At48[/video]

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
Rode it this past weekend. Weather was perfect and it does not look like anybody has been on it yet this year. The last person to sign into the book was the middle of November. If I get ambitious, I will make an edit of my GoPro.

Tonkaman

You should definitely make the movie to help kickstart our motivation for the season. I would love to check out this trail some day