A Plea For HELP! To Anyone Within A Reasonable Distance Of American Fork Canyon

Brian P

Misanthropic Fuel
Do we have enough vehicles? I have a big heavy FZJ80 with a winch and some free time Fri. And would be more than happy to help.
LMK.

TurboMinivan

Still plays with cars
Do we have enough vehicles? I have a big heavy FZJ80 with a winch and some free time Fri. And would be more than happy to help.
LMK.

This recovery project has taken on a life of its own, and it is already this --><-- close to becoming an RME legend. At this point, I think you ought to come along just so your grandkids will be proud that you were part of it.

sixstringsteve

Brian, are you going for sure? I volunteer to edit the video footage if anyone wants to film. The more angles the better , just stay out of everyone's way. Or if someone else wants to edit it, even better.

Brian P

Misanthropic Fuel
Brian, are you going for sure? I volunteer to edit the video footage if anyone wants to film. The more angles the better , just stay out of everyone's way. Or if someone else wants to edit it, even better.

I'm not working Friday, I have a lunch, but I think it would be ok to forgo that for this.

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
As of right now I am going for sure. My sister should be in town for the weekend so we have some time to catch up plus with it being at 730 in the morning I'm certain I can be home in time for dinner.

StaticFilter

Hey guys, I live in Cedar Hills right next to the golf course/Af Canyon. I don't have a winch but I have an 08 FJ with plenty of straps and shackles and bare hands... If you guys need a hand or another body, text/call me Jason O- eightzeroone7threefive6fouronefive
We had a very similar incident happen up at Mineral Basin last weekend, luckily it turned out okay!

Last edited:

gijohn40

too poor to wheel... :(
I have a very big hammer drill that has a ground rod pounder on it... its electric and I could also loan up the 5k generator to run it... the problem is its only set up for 3/4 inch rod... I can pound a 8 foot rod all the way down in about 30-45 seconds with it...
If the top of the stakes had a small taper to it to go into the hole it would be perfect for the ground rods...

John
8oh1 sixseveneight 6968

mesha

By endurance we conquer
Hey if somebody can bring a decent generator, I could bring a large Hilti Rotary Hammer with a ground rod driver, we use that setup to drive 10 foot long grounding rods into the earth for electrical grounding, we'd have to not have the tee on the end of the rebar spikes though...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pi3qiYcR3E

I have a 5000 watt generator, but it would need to find its way up in the bed of a pick. I won't be able to fit it in the JK with the other stuff.