AF Canyon needs a couple trucks with winches

FJSchmoozer

I would be there, but I have school until noon. I've been wanting to get up there for quite awhile now. I don't have a winch, but I have two hands. How long do you guys think you're going to be up there?

BCGPER

Starting Another Thread
Guess I'll spend tonight gettin ready too. I'll ummmm...... Maybe toss a coat in and fill er up?? :D

I haven't even touched mine since that Libby thing, so I should be ready.

Marc, you trailering or toughing it out?

Oh, and acording to the weather dude, it shouldn't get too nasty till afternoonish.

I'll zip the windows in the Jeep and put the kewl red doors on. Do you still have my cell phone # in case we get cancelled?

strangeKowboy

Oops i did it again
As you drive out people started going to the right of the crossing and climbing over the bank on atv's a couple years ago, now it's been completely ripped up by trucks. This would be on the main road side of the creek. I do not have a picture.

is this where your talking meat? Hey anybody got an open seat? My trail rig is down but have a good set of hand and gloves?

Attachments

• 8-16-08 001.jpg
    8-16-08 001.jpg
    196 KB · Views: 15

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Guess I'll spend tonight gettin ready too. I'll ummmm...... Maybe toss a coat in and fill er up?? :D

I haven't even touched mine since that Libby thing, so I should be ready.

Marc, you trailering or toughing it out?

Oh, and acording to the weather dude, it shouldn't get too nasty till afternoonish.

I don't think I'd have tires by the time I got there. Trailer for sure. One day when I grow up, maybe I'll be "tough". Looks like I'll have all three kids. I have one (8 year old) that seems to have a thing for Rubicons. He'll ask to ride along, so I'll ask now for him. :D

BCGPER

Starting Another Thread
The back seat is all his, then I can show him the the "Rubicon" thing is just a pair of stickers. :-\

Call my cell when you leave your place, and I'll try to convoy with you. If this happens to get canceled last mintue, we're (Beckie and I) still heading up there to play since I haven't been up there at all this year. Plus, it beats the hell out of hanging sheetrock, which is what I should be doing.

I don't think I'd have tires by the time I got there. Trailer for sure. One day when I grow up, maybe I'll be "tough". Looks like I'll have all three kids. I have one (8 year old) that seems to have a thing for Rubicons. He'll ask to ride along, so I'll ask now for him. :D

strangeKowboy

Oops i did it again
they will be meeting at tibble fork res parking lot, just go up af canyon and follow the signs ya cant miss it. I am probably just going to run up in my truck i can go up the main road but wont be able to hit the trails. crew cab long beds just dont make it lol

mbryson

Supporting Member
The back seat is all his, then I can show him the the "Rubicon" thing is just a pair of stickers. :-\

Call my cell when you leave your place, and I'll try to convoy with you. If this happens to get canceled last mintue, we're (Beckie and I) still heading up there to play since I haven't been up there at all this year. Plus, it beats the hell out of hanging sheetrock, which is what I should be doing.

Wow, putting windows back into a soft top kinda sucks. Esp. with it being a little chilly and dark (it was scary). Took me two hours to get the winders back in, the trailer hooked up and the "Jeep" chained down. (so about 90 min. for the winders/doors/uppers---it's great to have "help" but they learn from it)

Meat_

Banned
I'll zip the windows in the Jeep and put the kewl red doors on. Do you still have my cell phone # in case we get cancelled?
Yes
is this where your talking meat?
yup

I'm going to the parking lot regardless.....
Sorry I forgot to pm you, I'll have a Compass and a member sheet for you ;)
they will be meeting at tibble fork res parking lot, just go up af canyon and follow the signs ya cant miss it. I am probably just going to run up in my truck i can go up the main road but wont be able to hit the trails. crew cab long beds just dont make it lol
I should have an empty seat but I can't guarantee it.

Meat_

Banned
SWEET. Sounds like a Chrysler. (....and it'll probably run like that for 100K :rolleyes:)

I've been driving it on a flat lobe for 10 months now..... even tried running it 2 quarts low on oil for a couple months..... keeps chugging along.

I figure if it would die that would motivate me to put this other motor in..... doesn't help that I keep finding better things to spend the Centerforce dual friction money on.

mbryson

Supporting Member
I've been driving it on a flat lobe for 10 months now..... even tried running it 2 quarts low on oil for a couple months..... keeps chugging along.

I figure if it would die that would motivate me to put this other motor in..... doesn't help that I keep finding better things to spend the Centerforce dual friction money on.

You'd have to run it WITHOUT oil to do any damage. If it was a slant 6, I don't know why they even put oil pans on those.